Thread: Whitefish Bay must be led by idiots...

Campaign Veteran

Whitefish Bay must be led by idiots...

http://www.whitefishbaynow.com/news/125508648.html

Whitefish Bay - The village has established an ordinance prohibiting firearms from entering Village Hall. The document comes on the heels of Gov. Scott Walker's approval of the controversial concealed carry law that allows permit holders to carry firearms in public places.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by pvtschultz View Post
    I can see a lawsuit, anyone for a little trip to Whitefish Bay , lol
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Yes please, I could use new flooring in the living room.

controversial concealed carry law
    What a doucher to write this. 68 yes votes is a freakin" LANDSLIDE.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Glock34:

Unfortunately..., not You can not, "[...] see a Suit...'

Under Wisconsin Law, as Signed by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, SB 93, of The Publically Enrolled Acts of 2011: under Newly Revised Statute Section 80. 943.13 (1m) (c): [which] is Created to Read as Follows:

4. Enters or Remains in any Part of a Building that is Owned, Occupied, or Controlled by The State or any Local Governmental Unit, Excluding any Building or Portion of a Building under s. 175.60 (16) (a), if The State or Local Governmental Unit has Notified The Actor not to Enter or Remain in The Building while Carrying a Firearm or with that Type of Firearm. This Subdivision does NOT Apply to a Person who Leases Residential or Business Premises in The Building OR, if The Firearm is in a Vehicle Driven or Parked in The Parking Facility, to any Part of The Building used as a Parking Facility.

[and] Newly Revised Statute Section 82. 943.13 (2) (bm): [which] is Created to Read as Follows:
    am. For The Purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 2., 4., and 5., [...] an Owner or Occupant of a Part of a Nonresidential Building, The State or a Local Governmental Unit, or a University or a College has Notified an Individual NOT to Enter or Remain in a Part of The Building while Carrying a Firearm or with a Particular Type of Firearm if The Owner, Occupant, State, Local Governmental Unit, University, or College has Posted a Sign that is Located in a Prominent Place near ALL of The Entrances to The Part of The Building to which The Restriction Applies and any Individual Entering The Building can be Reasonably Expected to [Visibly] See The Sign.

Wisconsin Revised Statute 943.13(1m) was NOT Revised by This Code, therefore, it would be Reasonable to Forsee a Civil Fine to be Assessed against a Trespasser not to Exceed The Amount of $1,000, should a Violation of either of the above Circumstances Occur, as such Amount are Applicable under Wisconsin Revised Statute 939.52(3)(b).

It is, however, of Note that: Wisconsin Revised Statute 66.0409(2) Prohibits Political Subdivisions, as Defined under Wisconsin Revised Statute 66.0409(1)(b) of that same Revised Code, from Regulating Firearms more Stringently than what is Authorized under Wisconsin Statute. Wisconsin Revised Statute 66.0409(4)(b) states:
    If a Political Subdivision has in Effect on [or Essentially after] November 17, 1995, an Ordinance or Resolution that Regulates The Sale, [The] Purchase, [The] Transfer, [The] Ownership, [The] Use, [The] Keeping, [The] Possession, [The] Bearing, [The] Transportation, [The] Licensing, [The] Permitting, [The] Registration or [The] Taxation of any Firearm or Part of a Firearm, including Ammunition and Reloader Components, and The Ordinance or Resolution is NOT The same as[,] or similar to[,] a State Statute, The Ordinance or Resolution shall have NO Legal Effect and The Political Subdivision may NOT Enforce The Ordinance or [The] Resolution on or after November 18, 1995.

It follows that:
    Whitefish Bay may Regulate Firearms in Their Buildings, Subject to only a Class B Forfieture for Violators, however; those Buildings Prohibited under Wisconsin Revised Statute 175.60(16)(a)1 through Wisconsin Revised Statute 175.60(16)(1)8 bring a Higer Penalty under Wisconsin Revised Code 175.60(17)(b). The Higher Penalty is a Class C Misdemeanor Conviction with up to, but not to Exceed, 30 Days in Jail, together with a Fine not to Exceed $500.

aadvark

*** The State Expressly Authorized Firearms in Their Parks and Park Buildings, and Local Parks as Well, by Default under Preemption, but NOT to Include Local Buildings in Local Parks. ***
    Last edited by aadvark; 07-14-2011 at 02:35 PM.

I'm hoping places put up signs that say "no concealed firearms".
    I can live with that.
    But the news report I heard about WFB said they did it as a "safety" issue.
    No, if you were concerned about safety you wouldn't leave people defenseless,
    or you'd have metal detectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

McX
    i'm getting to the point; must be old age crankiness, i feel like putting up a sign: Carry a Gun in here!............cut right to the point, short and sweet. so to speak.

Aardvark,
    The situation here is that whitefish bay has passed an ordinance prohibiting firearms. THAT is not allowed by preemption law. They CAN post signs however.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    I just received a call from Pat Degrave, Village Manager for Whitefish Bay.

He asked that I pass along the message that the newspaper reports are wrong and the village ordinance DOES NOT include village parks.

He said he was well aware that the law does not allow the village to prohibit carry in their parks but that the reporter mis-reported the facts of the ordinance.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    I just received a call from Pat Degrave, Village Manager for Whitefish Bay.

He asked that I pass along the message that the newspaper reports are wrong and the village ordinance DOES NOT include village parks.

He said he was well aware that the law does not allow the village to prohibit carry in their parks but that the reporter mis-reported the factsof the ordinance.
    There's a suprise......

Thanks for clearing that up!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

And another media article which says no carry with a permit in gfsz. Why do I get the feeling there will be a lot of under-educated people when this bill goes into effect?...

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I'm hoping places put up signs that say "no concealed firearms".
    I can live with that.
    But the news report I heard about WFB said they did it as a "safety" issue.
    No, if you were concerned about safety you wouldn't leave people defenseless,
    or you'd have metal detectors.
    One of the items for the next legislative session: Mandate all government buildings that prohibit defensive firearms must have storage, security screening at all entrances, armed security or police present and entry/exit prohibited at all uncontrolled locations. Make sensitive locations put up real security. The safety charade should be left to the TSA.