Thread: Gov. Lynch vetoes SB-88

Gov. Lynch vetoes SB-88

Yesterday, Gov. Lynch vetoed SB-88 which would have been a important self defense bill to NH citizens. It's a little disappointing, but kind of expected considering Lynch's history . I haven't heard why he vetoed it, but I'm sure it's a reason we would all be to differ with. A veto over ride is expected in September.

Jon

A ******* democrap. What can you expect? There are more than enough votes in both houses to over ride and tell him to stuff his Masshole politics up his ass and move back there where he belongs. The one pos left in NH state politics.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    A ******* democrap. What can you expect? There are more than enough votes in both houses to over ride and tell him to stuff his Masshole politics up his ass and move back there where he belongs. The one pos left in NH state politics.
    Yeah, NH managed to elect a strong republican majority in both houses, but kept Lynch in there by a strong margin, which makes no sense, but politics is unpredictable.

So the Senate voted yesterday to over-ride Lynch's veto and SB-88 still has to be voted on by the state house, which should pass easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd929 View Post
    So the Senate voted yesterday to over-ride Lynch's veto and SB-88 still has to be voted on by the state house, which should pass easily.
    Change that to "house HAS voted to override the governor's veto!" Enjoy being the 29th state with this law, 60 days from now!

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7079

Now, you all need to get cracking on that Constitutional Carry law. You all might give us some ammunition (pun intended) to pass it down here in Tennessee.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    Now, you all need to get cracking on that Constitutional Carry law. You all might give us some ammunition (pun intended) to pass it down here in Tennessee.
    The ONLY way that will ever happen here is if the NRA keeps their nose out of it. They derailed it once already.

We do not need the NRA here, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    The ONLY way that will ever happen here is if the NRA keeps their nose out of it. They derailed it once already.

Does anybody really need the NRA?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post

There's no $$$ in Constitutional Carry, which is why the NRA isn't too fond of it. They derailed open carry in Florida too....

My membership is up this year and I'm torn about what to do. Anti-gunners love to see their membership numbers go down so they can exploit it, but their compromise is doing us a disservice.

Regarding SB88, I was wondering if I could get a little clarity since I'm not a lawyer and don't speak legalese very well.

III. A person is not justified in using deadly force on another to defend himself or herself or a third person from deadly force by the other if he or she knows that he or she and the third person can, with complete safety:

(a) Retreat from the encounter, except that he or she is not required to retreat if he or she is within his or her dwelling [or], its curtilage, or anywhere he or she has a right to be, and was not the initial aggressor; or

(b) Surrender property to a person asserting a claim of right thereto; or

(c) Comply with a demand that he or she abstain from performing an act which he or she is not obliged to perform; nor is the use of deadly force justifiable when, with the purpose of causing death or serious bodily harm, the [actor] person has provoked the use of force against himself or herself in the same encounter[.]; or

So (a) establishes what is commonly referred to as "Castle Doctrine" or "Stand Your Ground?"

Does (b) mean you are obligated to hand over your property (e.g. during a robbery) before using deadly force and does the first part of (c) mean you must submit to something like performing a sex act if demanded in order to "comply" and hopefully avoid harm?

Connecticut has very similar, if not almost identical language except for the "anywhere he or she has a right to be" part so this is of interest to me in CT as well. I also enjoy visiting NH.

Forgive my questions if they seem silly, but again, I'm not a lawyer.

Thanks so much.

Carry On!
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post
    There's no $$$ in Constitutional Carry, which is why the NRA isn't too fond of it. They derailed open carry in Florida too....
    I say keep your membership. From what I've seen it's he said/she said on the constitutional carry bill in NH.

NRA did not derail the OC bill in Fl. The Fl retail federation did, along with all Democrats and at least 8 neocons in the Fl senate. Before the OC bill was gutted, the NRA did say general OC AND accidental exposure protection of CCers was a goal. After it was gutted, they pretended that accidental exposure was the only reason they wanted OC.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I say keep your membership. From what I've seen it's he said/she said on the constitutional carry bill in NH.

NRA did not derail the OC bill in Fl. The Fl retail federation did, along with all Democrats and at least 8 neocons in the Fl senate. Before the OC bill was gutted, the NRA did say general OC AND accidental exposure protection of CCers was a goal. After it was gutted, they pretended that accidental exposure was the only reason they wanted OC.

Thank you for the additional insight you provided for the FL and NH bills. From what I read elsewhere on the forum, others seemed to blame the NRA and their "local affiliates" for the defeat. I suppose there's always three sides to a story. It's just not always easy to decide which one is correct.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013