Thread: Kalamazoo buyback Sat.

Kalamazoo buyback Sat.

Saturday starting noon at bronson park.
    Who's bringing their money?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...or_cash_i.html
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

"Weapons that are not returned will be destroyed, Ledbetter said"

WHHHHYYYYY???? Sell them, auction them, donate them, use them for training, raffle them, I could go on and on....

"At that event, residents will be given $25 for nonworking single-shot and .22 caliber firearms, $50 for working handguns and multiple-shot guns, $75 for handguns with a 10-round or more capacity, and $100 for assault weapons."

Man, I wish I could buy guns at that price!! What the heck is an assault weapon?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-14-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    "Weapons that are not returned will be destroyed, Ledbetter said"

WHHHHYYYYY???? Sell them, auction them, donate them, use them for training, raffle them, I could go on and on....

"At that event, residents will be given $25 for nonworking single-shot and .22 caliber firearms, $50 for working handguns and multiple-shot guns, $75 for handguns with a 10-round or more capacity, and $100 for assault weapons."

Man, I wish I could buy guns at that price!! What the heck is an assault weapon?
    My **** tax dollars are going to this!?!?!?!?!?!? Wish I was in kzoo right now so I could go buy some cheap guns.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436