Thread: Ridiculous article in the Baraboo News Paper

Ridiculous article in the Baraboo News Paper

Hi,
    I cannot respond to the Baraboo News paper as I would like too. At this time I am just fuming reading the comments from the Chief of Police. We (those whom carry weapons are waiting to stop a robbery)? I thought we were attempting to protect ourselves and family?
    I would appreciate if someone here with words of wisdom can tear this apart and respond to the Baraboo News.
    Thanks
    Theo.
    http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...cc4c002e0.html
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

McX
    they enforce the law but do not know; the deal i was told was, if your within my 25 feet or so it is my OPTION to act upon you, saving like. My battle cry will be forever: I NOT getting paid to do this. i cover my butt, you go buy a gun, do the bit, and cover yours. Hero? No. Survivor-yes.

Ok, read it but I don't quite get your anger. It looked like one police chiefs advice for how to interact with law enforcement officers. He didn't seem for or against the new law. I could be missing it but what are you looking at?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post
    Hi,
    I cannot respond to the Baraboo News paper as I would like too. At this time I am just fuming reading the comments from the Chief of Police. We (those whom carry weapons are waiting to stop a robbery)? I thought we were attempting to protect ourselves and family?
    I would appreciate if someone here with words of wisdom can tear this apart and respond to the Baraboo News.
    Thanks
    Theo.
    http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...cc4c002e0.html
    Is that the Same sheriff that would not let us OC into the outhouse at the picnic?
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Just another SILLY MORON, yes MORON bureaucrat police chief that thinks Wisconsin residents are going to act differently that the law abiding concealed carry permit holders of the other 48 states that already have CCW. To elected police chiefs we the armed law abiding people of Wisconsin are the enemy, we are NOT to be trusted because we are so stupid & the Police should be the only ones with guns because the Police are the only ones that can be trusted to use them correctly and with-in the boundaries of the law........ HA HA HA HA HA
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Ok, read it but I don't quite get your anger. It looked like one police chiefs advice for how to interact with law enforcement officers. He didn't seem for or against the new law. I could be missing it but what are you looking at?
    Taking the entire CC out of proportion. We a are not CCing in order to stop robberies in motion. May be I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post
    Taking the entire CC out of proportion. We a are not CCing in order to stop robberies in motion. May be I missed something?
    "One reason people want to carry concealed weapons is the possibility they would walk into a store and find they have interrupted an armed robbery, Schauf said. In that case, arriving officers may face the situation of seeing two armed people at a crime scene and not knowing which is the "bad guy.""

If this is the quote you have issue with, I can see what you're saying but I don't read it that way. It doesn't say anything about stopping the robbery. If you walked in on an armed robbery you want the ability to defend yourself if needed. This is one reason you would carry. It's the same as saying one reason you might want to carry is if you were walking in a parking lot and ran into an armed mugger. This is how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    "One reason people want to carry concealed weapons is the possibility they would walk into a store and find they have interrupted an armed robbery, Schauf said. In that case, arriving officers may face the situation of seeing two armed people at a crime scene and not knowing which is the "bad guy.""

If this is the quote you have issue with, I can see what you're saying but I don't read it that way. It doesn't say anything about stopping the robbery. If you walked in on an armed robbery you want the ability to defend yourself if needed. This is one reason you would carry. It's the same as saying one reason you might want to carry is if you were walking in a parking lot and ran into an armed mugger. This is how I read it.

Good Thoughts
    Thanks

I took it as this guy thinks we carry so we can be heroes and hope we come upon a robbery where intervene and take care of the bad guy before police get there.

McX
    if one walks into it, your in it. and you get to do yours. even i concede that. but if someone out of turn begins to get their lights punched out near me, not my fight. move along, no phone boothing.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    ........... not my fight. move along, no phone boothing.
    I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal that

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    if one walks into it, your in it. and you get to do yours. even i concede that. but if someone out of turn begins to get their lights punched out near me, not my fight. move along, no phone boothing.
    Wow, over an hour later and I just got the phone booth reference...haha...good one

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal that
    i know it's a good one. i came up with that phrase when i started to carry, to tell my friends a short version way of no starting crap, and then ducking behind me as a barrier. a barrier that is expected to do something.