• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ridiculous article in the Baraboo News Paper

theoicarry

Hi,
I cannot respond to the Baraboo News paper as I would like too. At this time I am just fuming reading the comments from the Chief of Police. We (those whom carry weapons are waiting to stop a robbery)? I thought we were attempting to protect ourselves and family?
I would appreciate if someone here with words of wisdom can tear this apart and respond to the Baraboo News.
Thanks
Theo.
http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...cle_0bcecff2-adce-11e0-8378-001cc4c002e0.html

M

McX

they enforce the law but do not know; the deal i was told was, if your within my 25 feet or so it is my OPTION to act upon you, saving like. My battle cry will be forever: I NOT getting paid to do this. i cover my butt, you go buy a gun, do the bit, and cover yours. Hero? No. Survivor-yes.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Ok, read it but I don't quite get your anger. It looked like one police chiefs advice for how to interact with law enforcement officers. He didn't seem for or against the new law. I could be missing it but what are you looking at?

littlewolf

Hi,
I cannot respond to the Baraboo News paper as I would like too. At this time I am just fuming reading the comments from the Chief of Police. We (those whom carry weapons are waiting to stop a robbery)? I thought we were attempting to protect ourselves and family?
I would appreciate if someone here with words of wisdom can tear this apart and respond to the Baraboo News.
Thanks
Theo.
http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...cle_0bcecff2-adce-11e0-8378-001cc4c002e0.html

Is that the Same sheriff that would not let us OC into the outhouse at the picnic?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Just another SILLY MORON, yes MORON bureaucrat police chief that thinks Wisconsin residents are going to act differently that the law abiding concealed carry permit holders of the other 48 states that already have CCW. To elected police chiefs we the armed law abiding people of Wisconsin are the enemy, we are NOT to be trusted because we are so stupid & the Police should be the only ones with guns because the Police are the only ones that can be trusted to use them correctly and with-in the boundaries of the law........ HA HA HA HA HA

theoicarry

Ok, read it but I don't quite get your anger. It looked like one police chiefs advice for how to interact with law enforcement officers. He didn't seem for or against the new law. I could be missing it but what are you looking at?

Taking the entire CC out of proportion. We a are not CCing in order to stop robberies in motion. May be I missed something?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Taking the entire CC out of proportion. We a are not CCing in order to stop robberies in motion. May be I missed something?

"One reason people want to carry concealed weapons is the possibility they would walk into a store and find they have interrupted an armed robbery, Schauf said. In that case, arriving officers may face the situation of seeing two armed people at a crime scene and not knowing which is the "bad guy.""

If this is the quote you have issue with, I can see what you're saying but I don't read it that way. It doesn't say anything about stopping the robbery. If you walked in on an armed robbery you want the ability to defend yourself if needed. This is one reason you would carry. It's the same as saying one reason you might want to carry is if you were walking in a parking lot and ran into an armed mugger. This is how I read it.

theoicarry

"One reason people want to carry concealed weapons is the possibility they would walk into a store and find they have interrupted an armed robbery, Schauf said. In that case, arriving officers may face the situation of seeing two armed people at a crime scene and not knowing which is the "bad guy.""

If this is the quote you have issue with, I can see what you're saying but I don't read it that way. It doesn't say anything about stopping the robbery. If you walked in on an armed robbery you want the ability to defend yourself if needed. This is one reason you would carry. It's the same as saying one reason you might want to carry is if you were walking in a parking lot and ran into an armed mugger. This is how I read it.

Good Thoughts
Thanks

M

McX

if one walks into it, your in it. and you get to do yours. even i concede that. but if someone out of turn begins to get their lights punched out near me, not my fight. move along, no phone boothing.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
if one walks into it, your in it. and you get to do yours. even i concede that. but if someone out of turn begins to get their lights punched out near me, not my fight. move along, no phone boothing.

Wow, over an hour later and I just got the phone booth reference...haha...good one

M

McX

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal that ;)

i know it's a good one. i came up with that phrase when i started to carry, to tell my friends a short version way of no starting crap, and then ducking behind me as a barrier. a barrier that is expected to do something.