• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Open carry laws

amlevin

Good thing the law doesn't read anything about putting your mag on the trunk since many of us drive trucks or ride motorcycles or have hatchbacks with no trunk...

You could always put one of these in the back of your pickup:

front22-435x417.jpg

amzbrady

Hello am a Resident of Washington and just recently bought my first hand gun. I know Washington is a Open Carry state but am a little confused on the weapon condition that weapon has to be in. Do you have to be Condition 4 ( nothing in the gun), Condition 3 ( Mag inserted but no round in the Chamber), Condition 1 ( Mag inserted with round in a Chamber). I would like some light on that. I plan to open carry but just need some clarification.

You should carry it so when you pull the trigger it goes bang with the minimum number of intervening steps! Depending on the weapon that can be safety on, safety off, cocked, not cocked, or...

But definitely with one in the chamber. And of course you've been to a range or shooting area and practiced the safe loading, unloading, handling, and firing your new firearm.

And do take advantage of the wealth of helpful info on this forum.

And Welcome!

Thats what I was thinking, It has to be in good enough condition to go bang when you pull the trigger.

Last edited:

sportfisher46

Good thing the law doesn't read anything about putting your mag on the trunk since many of us drive trucks or ride motorcycles or have hatchbacks with no trunk...

Thats why i wanted to ask..with all the reading i've done i thought i saw that..didn't make sense so i asked.. so thanks for the responses.. i have a truck to but don't drive it daily.. anyway cpl should be here this week
THANKS ALLL........:D