• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remember, they disarm you for "Officer Safety".

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
At a place designed to facilitate safe shooting....brilliant. I hope more details come out regarding how this occurred.

Last edited:

Sharpender

The firearm safety instruction at police academies must be just fabulous! I can't count the number of times I've seen an officer unsafely handling a firearm on one of the police reality shows. Frightening! These are the people we supposed to call to protect us?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
CEASE FIRE..................please!

I have run quite a few small arms ranges for the Army and Navy over the past forty years. Not every soldier should be allowed to possess a weapon or even be allowed on a range. Apparently this may hold true for a few people on this range. An exercise was in progress so the usual firing line shoot so who knows what kind of safety violation occurred.

Dave_pro2a

news article said:
Auburn police said a gun was accidentally fired

"Accidentally?"

"Accidentally!"

Seriously, accidentally?

Negligence. The negligent officer should be immediately fired.

amzbrady

I would be curious to see the numbers on how many civilians are shot by civilians and how many civilians have been shot by cops. For some reason the civilian with a gun is always the one feared by the public. It's as bad as a statement I heard on K-9 cops today. The Officer says he understands how people get in fights, but cant understand how once one of them are down the other can just keep kicking them. I think back to all the clips I see where someone is cuffed and laying face down and then stomped by a cop. I wonder if he doesnt understand that either.

Metalhead47

Well look on the bright side....

Might have been worse if someone hadn't left their AR on the back of their cruiser....:uhoh:

facepalm2.jpg

trevorthebusdriver

OK, just talked to a buddy with the Renton PD who was not there but shoots there. He said they were doing a live fire drill shooting into a car and it was just a bad ricochet and not a ND and the papers got it wrong. So take that for what it's worth.

Dave_pro2a

OK, just talked to a buddy with the Renton PD who was not there but shoots there. He said they were doing a live fire drill shooting into a car and it was just a bad ricochet and not a ND and the papers got it wrong. So take that for what it's worth.

Ahhh, so they turned the ND into a training opportunity in creative report writing.

They need to learn how to lie well sometime, to get those high arrest and conviction rates.

amlevin

So maybe the Training Officer or RSO needs a couple of days off for not anticipating this "accident". Even amateurs realize that when shooting at a metal surface ricochets can occur and will leave a good safe distance between them and the object.

Metalhead47

Ahhh, so they turned the ND into a training opportunity in creative report writing.

They need to learn how to lie well sometime, to get those high arrest and conviction rates.

UH huh. And what do you have to support this hypothesis? Anything? Didn't think so.

I thought we were supposed to be better than "them." That means not pulling stuff out of our collective ass when we can't find anything concrete to pin on "them."