• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Around Town. Las Vegas

wrightme

I had no ideal some of you view carrying a firearm openly as means of being part of a club. I carry my weapon as a means of self defense. When I pull up to the liquor store in my luxury sports car, and hop out with "urban/thug" attire on, jewels, and a gun on my hip, it's not to say "hey fella's, I'm in the open carry club" it's to say " Im coming with what's mines, and leaving the same way"

The "thug" attire some of you are fixated with, which is more notably refered to as "urban" attire is a reflection of my friends, family, and me. Contrary to some misguided individuals belief's clothing is not a "lifestyle" Just because you throw on some Rocawear, that doesn't make you Jay Z. I'm from Oakland, California, where the grimiest move mean in the streets. I've lost numerous people close to me through gun violence, and guess what? the shooter was dressed just like the innocent victim. A thug will walk out of a night club in a three piece suit, with hard bottom shoes on, pop the trunk, pull a AK47, and shoot any, and everything moving. Does that make a 3 piece suit "thug" attire? Watch how you characterize, the thug might be standing right next to you, while you busy looking at the dude sagging his pants across the street.

Funny part is I just left the night club a few hours ago here in Germany, and there was several individuals dressed exactly like the so-called "thug" in the photo above. I can assure you, none were "thugs" just admirer's of the hip-hop culture, and what they refer to here in Germany as "Black music"

Clothing isn't a lifestyle. But, the clothing can look like a lifestyle. And, whether you like it or not, people will get judged by how that "look" looks to others.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Clothing isn't a lifestyle. But, the clothing can look like a lifestyle. And, whether you like it or not, people will get judged by how that "look" looks to others.

It is good to be aware of your surroundings, and "judgement calls" are an important part of that. But 1 girl in a short skirt, does not mean you are in hookersville. Good judgement, like anything else requires moderation.

Dark Destroyer: I will proudly OC with you and do not care about your outfit.

wrightme

Dude, what are you talking about "blend in with sheep" you have a openly displayed gun on you, your not blending in with no one. I'm a wolf, a 6'2, 235 lbs, black Werewolf. I'm not out for blood, but if need be, I'll give a wolf the business! We all know about wolves in sheeps clothing don't we?

Actually, if a person dresses to blend, that person WILL blend in, firearm or not. Why? Because that look that "fits" the world view can "block" the little things that do not. Selective seeing.

And as for wolf, it isn't about skin color, height, or weight. It is about the classes of people wrt the predator/prey relationship.

"Sheep" walk around in condition white, not really noticing what is happening around them, until it is happening to them.

"Wolf" people seek sheep to fleece. Is that what you claim to be?

wrightme

It is good to be aware of your surroundings, and "judgement calls" are an important part of that. But 1 girl in a short skirt, does not mean you are in hookersville. Good judgement, like anything else requires moderation.
Dark Destroyer: I will proudly OC with you and do not care about your outfit.

No, but in the eyes of others, one girl dressed like that will formulate a preconceived view of herself in the eyes of others; whether that view is accurate or not. But, if you can go to the "People of Walmart" website and view those people without gaining some preconceived notion of them, more power to you. :lol:

As for "short skirt?" How about tramp tat and a thong showing above ragged boy shorts?

28kfps

So what exactly is your definition of a "thug look"

Webster definition of a thug is a brutal ruffian or assassin. Webster examples of a thug are: He was beaten and robbed by street thugs, the Mob boss regularly sent his thugs after people who were slow to pay their debts. First know use of thug was 1810. Synonyms listed by Webster is BULLY, GANGBANGER, GANGSTA, GANGSTER, GOON, GORILLA, HOMEBOY, HOMEY (or HOMIE), HOOD, HOOLIGAN, MOBSTER, MUG, PLUG-UGLY, PUNK, ROUGHNECK, ROWDY, RUFFIAN, HOODLUM, TOUGH, TOUGHIE (also TOUGHY), YOB [British], YOBBO [British]. So I guess for the most part my definition of a thug in the context I used it in would be similar as described in Webster in a very general way.

28kfps

You talk about sagging, and it brings up the wonderful world of double standards. Just weeks ago a young black man was ordered to exit a flight, and evenually arrested for refusing to leave the aircraft because he was sagging his pants, which the airline said violated its policy. 5 days later a woman snaps a photo of a white man boarding a plane of the same airline Wearing nothing more than pink womens underwear. Come to find out he does that all the time on this airline. I bet pink underwear man has seen alot of nieces, nephews, son, and daughters on his numerous flights. See how that works?

I had heard about that story. I also would consider him as a disrespectful, selfish, bastard with absolute no concern for others. I had not heard that he was a young black man. Now with that additional information I still consider him as a disrespectful, selfish, bastard with absolute no concern for others.

Last edited:

28kfps

Well if someone decides to call the police, because of the way I dress with a gun on my hip, then so be it. And if the police respond, and step on my constitutional rights, or me for that matter, I have money, and a very good Vegas lawyer, Jackpot! I've been vetted by the U.S Secret Service, and F.B.I for classified reasons, I've been in the media for positive reasons, and if the President of the United States saw my face on the news for some ill reason, he would be making some calls to Nevada. My lawyer would eat Metro for breakfast, and make me a very rich man, or my estate. Everytime I step out in public, I wear video eyewear. So in all honesty, I could care less how people judge me. I live a different lifestyle than you, and that's not going to change. I see everyone else as a potential criminal, except I'm prepared. Yes, people notice my gun, and the clothes I have on, but they also notice the normalcy of my actions. And most figure If I'm bold enough to carry a gun out in the open, they should probably leave me alone, and I'm fine with that. Don't get it twisted, I'm not out in public acting a donkey, I'm very low key. I don't bother nobody, and I expect the same. I could get a CCW, I took the class a few weeks ago, even dropped extra cash for the Utah, Florida, I'm just in no particular rush, and may not even apply. I don't like asking for permission to protect myself, and family

I do agree I too do not like the idea of having to ask permission to protect family, my one friend, or myself.

28kfps

I didn't ask you for Webster's definition of a thug, I asked you what your definition of a "thug look" is. I hope you can understand the difference in what I'm asking you. No need to beat around the bush. No need to "guess for the most part" It's a easy question to answer, If your ok with exposing your own answer..

You obviously have wrongly come to a preconceived conclusion and looking for an answer that fits it. As I have clearly answered your questions. This will conclude my discussion with you regarding you inquires of my original posting on this thread.