Thread: Toy gun sparks SWAT response

Toy gun sparks SWAT response

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartfor...-swat-response

We need to get more details on this. Why on earth would even a real firearm spark a 'SWAT response'?

At this point it does seem like major overkill.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartfor...-swat-response

We need to get more details on this. Why on earth would even a real firearm spark a 'SWAT response'?
    Maybe because the Stormtroopers hadn't gunned anyone down in a while and needed the practice.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Looks like the comment thread has kept you pretty busy, Rich.

I guess SWAT would be over-doing-it in my book, but based on channel 3's story it was a "rifle", so I suppose IF someone was seen walking towards the doors of a church with a "rifle" in hand, albeit a plastic toy( that they alledgedly bought at the church sale), I can see where a granny might call and roll an LEO to check it out. Just saying. But thats all based on the info thus far. After all, doesnt everyone want to rob a church's rummage sale for the 25-30 bucks they might have. But then again, there are the scum that cut the cables of donation canisters off the store counters to steal money for fundraisers.

http://westhartford.patch.com/articl...n-agudas-achim

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Strillaci
    Better to be safe than sorry.
    Really? Calling in the SWAT team on someone not breaking any laws (or even being accused of breaking any) is 'safe'? I can't imagine how that could have gone wrong. If they had shot him in the confusion would it have still been better than interfering in lawful activities?

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...125637498.html

Random passing motorist calls in a man with 'a hunting rifle and a toolbox'. Now considered justification for sending the SWAT team.

They couldn't have a patrol officer swing by and check it out? The dispatcher couldn't call the temple and ask if there was an issue?

Strillacci, what a DB.

he says we shouldn't have Castle Doctrine because it's a threat to his officers (usually SWAT) when they serve those search warrants.

He doesn't want us to have any rights.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

Now, who was it that said that?? Oh yeah, A. Hitler. Words for all tyrants to live by.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V