Thread: Springfield MO area OC meet, greet and eat!

Springfield MO area OC meet, greet and eat!

Would like to propose another one of these since we haven't had one in a while. I like to combine hobbies whenever possible, so since eating is one of my other favorite hobbies, let's get together at a restaurant somewhere. Chili's is a good choice, possibly Red Lobster or even chinese restaurant (Ocean's Zen?).

I will leave that up to others since I have a stomach of iron and can (and usually do) eat almost anything.

I will propose a date and time of Friday, August 11 at 7:00 pm. Place TBD.

Don't go here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0092.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6342

Nope, wouldn't dream of it. Not looking to make a statement, just looking to meet up with some fellow OC'ers.

Red Lobster is owned by Darden. They are anti-gun at least here in VA. Good luck with your get together.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by HYRYSC View Post
    Would like to propose another one of these since we haven't had one in a while. I like to combine hobbies whenever possible, so since eating is one of my other favorite hobbies, let's get together at a restaurant somewhere. Chili's is a good choice, possibly Red Lobster or even chinese restaurant (Ocean's Zen?).

I will leave that up to others since I have a stomach of iron and can (and usually do) eat almost anything.

I will propose a date and time of Friday, August 11 at 7:00 pm. Place TBD.

Just to prevent confusion, Friday is the 12th. I wish someone would start these in the Osage Beach area. I don't ever see open carry, other than myself. I haven't had any negative encounters, but I don't hit the highly populated tourist areas either. Maybe I will have to suggest it in another thread. I hope you all have a great/uncomplicated get together and I wish I lived closer.

i up for that. Has anyone been to cross town bbq? that place was awesome. Homemade everything. I wouldnt mind having it there. But i also love chili's baby back ribs.

Lamberts is one place I wouldn't have an issue not having my firearm on me to eat. I love the place too much to let their goofy sign bother me!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Ike View Post
    Just to prevent confusion, Friday is the 12th. I wish someone would start these in the Osage Beach area. I don't ever see open carry, other than myself. I haven't had any negative encounters, but I don't hit the highly populated tourist areas either. Maybe I will have to suggest it in another thread. I hope you all have a great/uncomplicated get together and I wish I lived closer.
    Yep, thanks for posting that. I was calenderically challenged for some reason.

how about going to crosstown bbq off of division just east of national? i loved it and i got another guy that wants to do it there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Lamberts is one place I wouldn't have an issue not having my firearm on me to eat. I love the place too much to let their goofy sign bother me!
    I stopped there to eat while passing thru Springfield, but carried my weapon anyway, but I did cover it up with my shirt, I have my CCW for just these kind of circumstances. If the criminals wont obey a sign to rob and murder, I will take my chances to protect the ones I love.....but thats just me...if propery concealed, myself and those I'm with should be the only ones who know I'm carrying.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

I am down with any place, I have been living in Springfield ,MO for a year now and only have seen one person OC here the whole time. So it would be nice to see other people that do the same.

P.S. So its Friday the 12th not Thursday the 11th correct?
    Last edited by ak74; 07-19-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ak74 View Post
    I am down with any place, I have been living in Springfield ,MO for a year now and only have seen one person OC here the whole time. So it would be nice to see other people that do the same.

P.S. So its Friday the 12th not Thursday the 11th correct?
    If you have only seen one person open carrying, why didn't you say "HI" to me? LOL

I know that there are quite a few of us out and about in and around Springfield. Unless I am at church or at work or just got out of church or work, I am open carrying. I only conceal carry at work and church.

Yes, August the 12th is a Friday. I typed the wrong date in my original post. I don't know what I was thinking because I KNEW that the gunshow started Saturday the 13th.

I am good with Chili's. Let's plan on that! 3020 S. Glenstone. Corner of Glenstone and Battlefield. Sounds like a good plan.
    Last edited by HYRYSC; 07-20-2011 at 10:10 AM.

lol. ok so were doing chili's? if so i need to change the event i made on facebook. And i never gone with a big group. You think they can fit a big group? i got alteast 5 people prob coming from facebook. i hate to be sitting all day waiting for a seat on a friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
    Don't go here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0092.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6342
    Apparently the forks and knives you're isssued by the restaraunt are weapon enough. Or perhaps the ink pen that the waitress/waiter will give you to sign your credit card form.

If memory serves, one of the family members related to Lambert's committed suicide by firearm. So, natureally they blamed the gun rather than blaming the person. He committed suicide, that means that he had clear intent to do so and the family ignored the warning signs. He would have used whatever means available to accomplish that. They'll never get it.

In fact, why don't you guys call Grant's and see if he'd be willing to accommodate you for one in the future. He's pro-2A, but I don't know how he'd feel about an OC meeting in his place. He won't say a word about CC'ing there. That is of course if OC is allowed in Ozark.

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    Apparently the forks and knives you're isssued by the restaraunt are weapon enough. Or perhaps the ink pen that the waitress/waiter will give you to sign your credit card form.

If memory serves, one of the family members related to Lambert's committed suicide by firearm. So, natureally they blamed the gun rather than blaming the person. He committed suicide, that means that he had clear intent to do so and the family ignored the warning signs. He would have used whatever means available to accomplish that. They'll never get it.

In fact, why don't you guys call Grant's and see if he'd be willing to accommodate you for one in the future. He's pro-2A, but I don't know how he'd feel about an OC meeting in his place. He won't say a word about CC'ing there. That is of course if OC is allowed in Ozark.
    From what I remember (and it's been a few months) OC is fair with CCW endorsement in Ozark, but not otherwise.

Depending on when I get done with work that day, I might make the trip up from Joplin.

Not to make it a issue of where to meet, but the Golden Corral, Kansas Expy has a meeting room that is free for the asking. Our RV group uses it every 1st Friday. Just need to call and ask if it is available. That way you would just go to the room, since no one knows anyone else.

Does everyone know there is a gun show the 13th at the Fairgounds, Springfield?

Jim
    Brookline Station
    TX CCL
    Last edited by jlb27537; 08-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Well, my apologies everyone. I know that I was the one that started this thread, but I will not be able to make it. My folks who live out of town require my assistance and I will be out of town on Friday evening.