• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield MO area OC meet, greet and eat!

HYRYSC

Would like to propose another one of these since we haven't had one in a while. I like to combine hobbies whenever possible, so since eating is one of my other favorite hobbies, let's get together at a restaurant somewhere. Chili's is a good choice, possibly Red Lobster or even chinese restaurant (Ocean's Zen?).

I will leave that up to others since I have a stomach of iron and can (and usually do) eat almost anything.

I will propose a date and time of Friday, August 11 at 7:00 pm. Place TBD.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Red Lobster is owned by Darden. They are anti-gun at least here in VA. Good luck with your get together.

Coach Ike

Would like to propose another one of these since we haven't had one in a while. I like to combine hobbies whenever possible, so since eating is one of my other favorite hobbies, let's get together at a restaurant somewhere. Chili's is a good choice, possibly Red Lobster or even chinese restaurant (Ocean's Zen?).

I will leave that up to others since I have a stomach of iron and can (and usually do) eat almost anything.

I will propose a date and time of Friday, August 11 at 7:00 pm. Place TBD.

Just to prevent confusion, Friday is the 12th. I wish someone would start these in the Osage Beach area. I don't ever see open carry, other than myself. I haven't had any negative encounters, but I don't hit the highly populated tourist areas either. Maybe I will have to suggest it in another thread. I hope you all have a great/uncomplicated get together and I wish I lived closer.

Tony4310

Lamberts is one place I wouldn't have an issue not having my firearm on me to eat. I love the place too much to let their goofy sign bother me!

HYRYSC

Just to prevent confusion, Friday is the 12th. I wish someone would start these in the Osage Beach area. I don't ever see open carry, other than myself. I haven't had any negative encounters, but I don't hit the highly populated tourist areas either. Maybe I will have to suggest it in another thread. I hope you all have a great/uncomplicated get together and I wish I lived closer.

Yep, thanks for posting that. I was calenderically challenged for some reason.

Richieg150

Lamberts is one place I wouldn't have an issue not having my firearm on me to eat. I love the place too much to let their goofy sign bother me!

I stopped there to eat while passing thru Springfield, but carried my weapon anyway, but I did cover it up with my shirt, I have my CCW for just these kind of circumstances. If the criminals wont obey a sign to rob and murder, I will take my chances to protect the ones I love.....but thats just me...if propery concealed, myself and those I'm with should be the only ones who know I'm carrying.

ak74

I am down with any place, I have been living in Springfield ,MO for a year now and only have seen one person OC here the whole time. So it would be nice to see other people that do the same.

P.S. So its Friday the 12th not Thursday the 11th correct?

Last edited:

HYRYSC

I am down with any place, I have been living in Springfield ,MO for a year now and only have seen one person OC here the whole time. So it would be nice to see other people that do the same.

P.S. So its Friday the 12th not Thursday the 11th correct?

If you have only seen one person open carrying, why didn't you say "HI" to me? LOL

I know that there are quite a few of us out and about in and around Springfield. Unless I am at church or at work or just got out of church or work, I am open carrying. I only conceal carry at work and church.

Yes, August the 12th is a Friday. I typed the wrong date in my original post. I don't know what I was thinking because I KNEW that the gunshow started Saturday the 13th.

I am good with Chili's. Let's plan on that! 3020 S. Glenstone. Corner of Glenstone and Battlefield. Sounds like a good plan.

Last edited:

goalseter88

lol. ok so were doing chili's? if so i need to change the event i made on facebook. And i never gone with a big group. You think they can fit a big group? i got alteast 5 people prob coming from facebook. i hate to be sitting all day waiting for a seat on a friday night.

REALteach4u

Apparently the forks and knives you're isssued by the restaraunt are weapon enough. Or perhaps the ink pen that the waitress/waiter will give you to sign your credit card form.

If memory serves, one of the family members related to Lambert's committed suicide by firearm. So, natureally they blamed the gun rather than blaming the person. He committed suicide, that means that he had clear intent to do so and the family ignored the warning signs. He would have used whatever means available to accomplish that. They'll never get it.

In fact, why don't you guys call Grant's and see if he'd be willing to accommodate you for one in the future. He's pro-2A, but I don't know how he'd feel about an OC meeting in his place. He won't say a word about CC'ing there. That is of course if OC is allowed in Ozark.

kcgunfan

Apparently the forks and knives you're isssued by the restaraunt are weapon enough. Or perhaps the ink pen that the waitress/waiter will give you to sign your credit card form.

If memory serves, one of the family members related to Lambert's committed suicide by firearm. So, natureally they blamed the gun rather than blaming the person. He committed suicide, that means that he had clear intent to do so and the family ignored the warning signs. He would have used whatever means available to accomplish that. They'll never get it.

In fact, why don't you guys call Grant's and see if he'd be willing to accommodate you for one in the future. He's pro-2A, but I don't know how he'd feel about an OC meeting in his place. He won't say a word about CC'ing there. That is of course if OC is allowed in Ozark.

From what I remember (and it's been a few months) OC is fair with CCW endorsement in Ozark, but not otherwise.

jlb27537

Not to make it a issue of where to meet, but the Golden Corral, Kansas Expy has a meeting room that is free for the asking. Our RV group uses it every 1st Friday. Just need to call and ask if it is available. That way you would just go to the room, since no one knows anyone else.

Does everyone know there is a gun show the 13th at the Fairgounds, Springfield?

Jim
Brookline Station
TX CCL

Last edited:

HYRYSC

Well, my apologies everyone. I know that I was the one that started this thread, but I will not be able to make it. My folks who live out of town require my assistance and I will be out of town on Friday evening.