Thread: Help - between a rock and a hard place

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Help - between a rock and a hard place

A young man from Maine has found himself between the proverbial rock and a hard place and now needs our help. His goal was to OC properly and legally w/o attracting undo attention. A local police office saw it differently and chose to make an example of him.

Go to the link below for comments and to offer your support.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...04#post1575004
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A young man from Maine has found himself between the proverbial rock and a hard place and now needs our help. His goal was to OC properly and legally w/o attracting undo attention. A local police office saw it differently and chose to make an example of him.

Go to the link below for comments and to offer your support.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?92848-Alert-Maine-rights-attacked-legal-funds-needed!&p=1575004#post1575004
    Thanks to all who donated to this great cause! As you can see, your donations have been refunded. This is because the DA chose not to prosecute. Congrats Xander!

WOOHOO

Way to go ... he does have his pistol back, too?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    WOOHOO

And rifle?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    WOOHOO

no... process takes about 4 weeks. They think that they can still run it through their systems which I doubt they can. I told him to call Dan Hawes and ask him, but I don't think he is going to.

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger
    process takes about 4 weeks. They think that they can still run it through their systems which I doubt they can.
    Since the charge was dropped, & it takes maybe a couple minutes to run a serial # check, there's no reason he can't pick up his property today.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Since the charge was dropped, & it takes maybe a couple minutes to run a serial # check, there's no reason he can't pick up his property today.
    he did get his property back today, actually :-)

I see Shane already broke the good news! Yes, my firearms are back where they belong, in the gear room and in the bed stand (rifle and pistol respectively).
    At the time when I was told it would be 4 weeks to get my guns back, I chose not to pursue the matter in a legal sense, as filling out the paper work and waiting was part of the steps to getting them back. I didn't like it, but was willing to play along. That's who I am. I know some would would chose to take a different tact and pressed the matter in a legal snse, but that was mine, and I feel it worked out for me in the in end, as it was all of a week that I needed to wait.
    As with all of this, it has been a learning experience, and I am more educated now than before.
    I'm happy to have my firearms back, and that overall, this worked out fairly smoothly.
    My next steps are applying for my CCW permit, and as always, continuing to educate myself and others if I can.
    Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

X

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMaineOC View Post
    I see Shane already broke the good news! Yes, my firearms are back where they belong, in the gear room and in the bed stand (rifle and pistol respectively).
    At the time when I was told it would be 4 weeks to get my guns back, I chose not to pursue the matter in a legal sense, as filling out the paper work and waiting was part of the steps to getting them back. I didn't like it, but was willing to play along. That's who I am. I know some would would chose to take a different tact and pressed the matter in a legal snse, but that was mine, and I feel it worked out for me in the in end, as it was all of a week that I needed to wait.
    As with all of this, it has been a learning experience, and I am more educated now than before.
    I'm happy to have my firearms back, and that overall, this worked out fairly smoothly.
    My next steps are applying for my CCW permit, and as always, continuing to educate myself and others if I can.
    Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

X
    Great news. Good to hear!!! I hope you stay active on OCDO in the future.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Great news. Good to hear!!! I hope you stay active on OCDO in the future.
    And MOCA!!!!