• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newly certified Glock Armorer!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Proactive Shooters now has a certified Glock Armorer on staff - me!

Just completed the program yesterday and let me tell you, it was a fantastic class. It wasn't just fantastic, it was "plastic fantastic!"...:)

Anyway, in the very near future, we'll be adding Glock repairs/modifications to the list of services that we offer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Congratulations Jim - expand and diversify.

Thought I've had lately because of my grand kids - it's a small market but one not addressed locally - is that of the pre-teen and teen agers.

Gun safety, not just the don't touch, but safe handling w/supervision, technique and marksmanship. Maybe even teams - Jr NRA used to be very active - I started there when I was 8 years old.

Worth some thought?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Congratulations Jim!
That should add a new dimension to an already very good series of classes.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Our own Tupperware dealer at last!

Way to go, Jim. Can you get me something in the way of a nice russet color that stacks and the lids don't all fly away?

Seriously, having someone who can do the fixes and teweaks needed is good. Having someone local who already has established a reputation as fair, honest, and workmanlike is about the best the Tupperware fanbois could ask for.

stay safe.

ProShooter

Congratulations Jim - expand and diversify.

Thought I've had lately because of my grand kids - it's a small market but one not addressed locally - is that of the pre-teen and teen agers.

Gun safety, not just the don't touch, but safe handling w/supervision, technique and marksmanship. Maybe even teams - Jr NRA used to be very active - I started there when I was 8 years old.

Worth some thought?

I have actually been working on a gun safety class for K-3 students utilizing the NRA's Eddie Eagle program. Sadly its been on the back burner for a bit due to being so busy with all of our classes. I was recently asked to do a gun safety class for a scout troop.

Something to consider though!

Last edited:

2a4all

Thank you for all the kind words, guys.

I have long wanted to get this certification. Passed my practical test and scored a 96 on the written test. Now I just need to do some repair to keep it fresh. Guess I'll start with my own!
Good job on the test!

Just remember, when Gaston was developing this product, he'd test fire it left-handed so that if the gun blew up, his right hand wouldn't be injured and he'd still be able to write and draw new designs.:D

ProShooter

Good job on the test!

Just remember, when Gaston was developing this product, he'd test fire it left-handed so that if the gun blew up, his right hand wouldn't be injured and he'd still be able to write and draw new designs.:D

LOL. Didnt know that part. We did learn all about how he started out making curtain rods and plastic utensils and such.