• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ran across an Anti. Yesterday...

Gunslinger

To ALL Whom are Interested:

I was Shopping and a Anti-Firearm Guy, The Likes of Whom I have NEVER seen before, said that ANYBODY Who Open Carries is Mentally Ill and has some Form of either: 1. Autism, or 2. Mental Retardation.

Basically..., He Suggests that anyone Whom Open Carries should be Federally Prohibited from Owning Arms.

Additionally, He said anybody Who Concealed Carries, off of The Authority of 'Permit', as He called it, should be Arrested for a Felony Charge.

Furthermore, He siad Concealed Carry is Illegal, and He does NOT Care what The Law says about it either, regardless of whehter or not such Person is a Georgia Weapons Carry Licensee.

This really makes Me Angry!

I have NEVER in My Life seen This Guy, and Hopefully, I probably will NEVER again have to either.

aadvark

P.S.: How do You Deal with Difficult People?

*** No Arrests were made because NO Laws were Broken, and I will NOT Disclose any further Details, aside from: 1. He called E-911 again, even after The Police Left, to Re-report My Open Carry, even after The Law Enforcement Advised Him that I was NOT Breaking any Laws, and 2. Furthermore, I was on Private Property with that Owners Special Permission to be there, which I had in Writing, and The Owner Specifically gave Me Permission to Open Carry while there. ***

Let's see...**** you, moron would be my choice.

MKEgal

ixtow said:
I was once fortunate enough to be standing in the powdered beverages section of the supermarket when approached by such a person. I filled her cart up with Kool Aid. She didn't get the joke...
That's wonderful!!! :lol:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I've since taken to picking up a big container of similar upon first entering the store. I carry it around the whole time, just in case. Alas, the opportunity has never presented itself again.

ColeMD17

Oh, Hahahahaha XD got it!

And good call on the "youngin" thing! 19YO definitely constitutes a "youngin" in my book :p

M-Taliesin

Ignore stupidity, sooner or later they will self destruct. I just smile and say something like: "Ignorance is bliss. You sure seem to be abnormally happy."

Howdy Pard!
I think I'd have simply told him he's about as welcome as Casey Anthony at a Chuck-E-Cheese!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
To ALL Whom are Interested:

I was Shopping and a Anti-Firearm Guy, The Likes of Whom I have NEVER seen before, said that ANYBODY Who Open Carries is Mentally Ill and has some Form of either: 1. Autism, or 2. Mental Retardation....

On the plus side, he did include the cops...

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

'Hope this 'anti' never visits Arizona... He'll need therapy. Oh... we have our share of 'noobs' who have no freakin' idea as well. I've ceased to engage them in any reasonable manner... or attempt to 'educate' them at all. I told the last one: "This is Arizona hoss... get used to it!"

It's obvious that this particular clown was a nut. It'd be like attempting to reason with a drunk. Futile! I'm long past interested or sympathetic to what they think or why they think it.