Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encounter - bad, really bad (borrowed from OFCC)

Encounter - bad, really bad (borrowed from OFCC)

It wasn't an open carry encounter, but it's one which I think everyone should know about. Details are limited right now, but here's the thread over at Ohioans For Concealed Carry.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53994

I wouldn't be suprised if this was Zanesville if its indeed an eastern Ohio city....the prosecutor sounds like he's doing everything he can to cover up for the PD and officer(s) involved....crazy people out there...cop or not.

Founder's Club Member
    Not to ruin anybody's day, but this is the sort of thing you expect in a Third World country.

Which means that as the USSA descends into upper Third World conditions through the financial criminality of its mis-government, we'll see more of this.

Unless you stand up for more than just 2A, this is the sort of thing you will see and read more about.

Getting Weary

I am getting somewhat up in age (68,) but must admit that I am getting weary hearing about LEO's doing the complete opposite of what the law says,and many times, getting away with it. I hope you younger pro 2nd amendment people do not give up. I am honestly in awe of all of you. If I were the firewall, I don't think I would hold up. God Bless all of you.

quote from a coordinator over at OFCC

Quote Originally Posted by evan price
    The Major's client is in a situation where he will need our support for legal defense, and I know that OFCC is planning on organizing a fund raiser. More details to follow.

I would ask that any of you who are members on other forums such as PAFOA etc please cross post this to get more people aware of what happened- just like what happened in the Dayton gas station shooting. Let's try to make more people aware of how silly the notification law is, and let's get people aware of what's going on.

Let me repeat- OFCC has been aware of this and was already working on it. We will continue to work on it. We're on the job.
    Let's get the word out about this atrocity. Please post on any forums that you are a member of that shares our goals.

The nice thing about this is that the thug can shove 'qualified immunity' up his ass. He, his department and the city will be handing over some major $$ in this one. As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.
    No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...

Wow. What a case!

I look forward to seeing the video.

[
    dupe
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 07-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...
    I read the post correctly, but was not aware the charge was this BS. Thought it was for the parking violation. Doesn't change the reality of the civil case. My response to the dimwit DA would be simple. See you in court.

IF cited for parking violation, pay it. Then...

...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    ...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.
    I'm not even certain he was ever actually cited for THAT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to in their haste to COMPEL him to commit an actual crime.

hope you guys will keep us up on this. through the out come, thanks
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

OFCC is saying that the police dashcam video from this incident will be on their main site tonight around 9pm EDT tonight. (It's about 9:15 pm EDT as I post this, so it oughta be REAL soon now.)

OFCC is warning that the language contained on the tape is very very profane by the way--from what's been reported that language is eminating from the LEO(s) involved.

http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0 here is the video...extreme bad language.

Link isn't working for me. Getting a message saying "The URL contained a malformed video ID".

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk001 View Post
    Link isn't working for me. Getting a message saying "The URL contained a malformed video ID".
    Same for me. Fix it QUICK!! :-)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Nope. What's it called? Maybe we can search for it.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Here is the error message I got....

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
    Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateguy191 View Post
    Bingo. We have a good link winner!

Wow, I really don't know what to say regarding the video. Complete lack of professionalism on the part of the officer. The driver was completely respectful. I will be making as big a contribution as I can. Hopefully, that video will be enough to have the charges dropped. The officer should fired for threatening to kill the driver. That to me is completely unacceptable. I would recommend getting that video to as many people as you can to drum up public support for the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateguy191 View Post
    Let's get the word out about this atrocity. Please post on any forums that you are a member of that shares our goals.
    I tried to donate to the legal defense fund, but the dimwits at OhioCCW require registration on their web store in order to donate. If and when they get their heads out in the sunshine I may try again.

I linked to the story on Hot Air....

in the News and Political thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast