Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Encounter - bad, really bad (borrowed from OFCC)

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Garfield Heights, , USA
    Posts
    66

    Encounter - bad, really bad (borrowed from OFCC)

    It wasn't an open carry encounter, but it's one which I think everyone should know about. Details are limited right now, but here's the thread over at Ohioans For Concealed Carry.

    http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53994

  2. #2
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    I wouldn't be suprised if this was Zanesville if its indeed an eastern Ohio city....the prosecutor sounds like he's doing everything he can to cover up for the PD and officer(s) involved....crazy people out there...cop or not.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Not to ruin anybody's day, but this is the sort of thing you expect in a Third World country.

    Which means that as the USSA descends into upper Third World conditions through the financial criminality of its mis-government, we'll see more of this.

    Unless you stand up for more than just 2A, this is the sort of thing you will see and read more about.

  4. #4
    Regular Member fjpro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    300

    Getting Weary

    I am getting somewhat up in age (68,) but must admit that I am getting weary hearing about LEO's doing the complete opposite of what the law says,and many times, getting away with it. I hope you younger pro 2nd amendment people do not give up. I am honestly in awe of all of you. If I were the firewall, I don't think I would hold up. God Bless all of you.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Garfield Heights, , USA
    Posts
    66

    quote from a coordinator over at OFCC

    Quote Originally Posted by evan price
    The Major's client is in a situation where he will need our support for legal defense, and I know that OFCC is planning on organizing a fund raiser. More details to follow.

    I would ask that any of you who are members on other forums such as PAFOA etc please cross post this to get more people aware of what happened- just like what happened in the Dayton gas station shooting. Let's try to make more people aware of how silly the notification law is, and let's get people aware of what's going on.

    Let me repeat- OFCC has been aware of this and was already working on it. We will continue to work on it. We're on the job.
    Let's get the word out about this atrocity. Please post on any forums that you are a member of that shares our goals.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    The nice thing about this is that the thug can shove 'qualified immunity' up his ass. He, his department and the city will be handing over some major $$ in this one. As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  7. #7
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.
    No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

    Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

    And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

    And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    Wow. What a case!

    I look forward to seeing the video.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    [
    dupe
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 07-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  10. #10
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

    Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

    And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

    And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...
    I read the post correctly, but was not aware the charge was this BS. Thought it was for the parking violation. Doesn't change the reality of the civil case. My response to the dimwit DA would be simple. See you in court.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  11. #11
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028

    IF cited for parking violation, pay it. Then...

    ...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

    But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    ...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

    But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.
    I'm not even certain he was ever actually cited for THAT!

    I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to in their haste to COMPEL him to commit an actual crime.

  13. #13
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    hope you guys will keep us up on this. through the out come, thanks
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    OFCC is saying that the police dashcam video from this incident will be on their main site tonight around 9pm EDT tonight. (It's about 9:15 pm EDT as I post this, so it oughta be REAL soon now.)

    OFCC is warning that the language contained on the tape is very very profane by the way--from what's been reported that language is eminating from the LEO(s) involved.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Salem Oregon
    Posts
    19
    http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0 here is the video...extreme bad language.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    113
    Link isn't working for me. Getting a message saying "The URL contained a malformed video ID".

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk001 View Post
    Link isn't working for me. Getting a message saying "The URL contained a malformed video ID".
    Same for me. Fix it QUICK!! :-)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Nope. What's it called? Maybe we can search for it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  20. #20
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Here is the error message I got....

    The video you have requested is not available.

    If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
    Sorry about that.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Garfield Heights, , USA
    Posts
    66

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by pirateguy191 View Post
    Bingo. We have a good link winner!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Wow, I really don't know what to say regarding the video. Complete lack of professionalism on the part of the officer. The driver was completely respectful. I will be making as big a contribution as I can. Hopefully, that video will be enough to have the charges dropped. The officer should fired for threatening to kill the driver. That to me is completely unacceptable. I would recommend getting that video to as many people as you can to drum up public support for the driver.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Provo, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by pirateguy191 View Post
    Let's get the word out about this atrocity. Please post on any forums that you are a member of that shares our goals.
    I tried to donate to the legal defense fund, but the dimwits at OhioCCW require registration on their web store in order to donate. If and when they get their heads out in the sunshine I may try again.

  25. #25
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453

    I linked to the story on Hot Air....

    in the News and Political thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •