• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounter - bad, really bad (borrowed from OFCC)

usamarshal

I wouldn't be suprised if this was Zanesville if its indeed an eastern Ohio city....the prosecutor sounds like he's doing everything he can to cover up for the PD and officer(s) involved....crazy people out there...cop or not.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not to ruin anybody's day, but this is the sort of thing you expect in a Third World country.

Which means that as the USSA descends into upper Third World conditions through the financial criminality of its mis-government, we'll see more of this.

Unless you stand up for more than just 2A, this is the sort of thing you will see and read more about.

fjpro2a

Getting Weary

I am getting somewhat up in age (68,) but must admit that I am getting weary hearing about LEO's doing the complete opposite of what the law says,and many times, getting away with it. I hope you younger pro 2nd amendment people do not give up. I am honestly in awe of all of you. If I were the firewall, I don't think I would hold up. God Bless all of you.

pirateguy191

quote from a coordinator over at OFCC

evan price said:
The Major's client is in a situation where he will need our support for legal defense, and I know that OFCC is planning on organizing a fund raiser. More details to follow.

I would ask that any of you who are members on other forums such as PAFOA etc please cross post this to get more people aware of what happened- just like what happened in the Dayton gas station shooting. Let's try to make more people aware of how silly the notification law is, and let's get people aware of what's going on.

Let me repeat- OFCC has been aware of this and was already working on it. We will continue to work on it. We're on the job.

Let's get the word out about this atrocity. Please post on any forums that you are a member of that shares our goals.

Gunslinger

The nice thing about this is that the thug can shove 'qualified immunity' up his ass. He, his department and the city will be handing over some major $$ in this one. As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.

Deanimator

As I read it, the guy was in a No Parking area, a violation. And the dimwit DA would drop this $100 fine charge if he gives up his constitutional rights!!! I guess when you have moron Stormtrooper cops you can expect the da to not be much brighter.
No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...

Gunslinger

No, you've COMPLETELY misread it. It's FAR worse than you think.

Ohio REQUIRES you to "promptly notify" a cop that you have a CHL AND are carrying, IF AND ONLY IF you are CARRYING, and you are "stopped for a law enforcement purpose". The victim TWICE attempted to notify and was TWICE prevented from doing so by the cops. The prosecutor didn't offer to drop the parking/standing charges. He offered to drop the "FAILURE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY" charges. What the cops did was the equivalent of a cop getting in front of you in a no passing zone, slowing down to 10mph and then citing you for "failure to maintain the posted speed" and "impeding the flow of traffic". The victim was arrested because he failed to do something which the cops FORCIBLY PREVENTED him from doing. What the prosecutor is doing is EXTORTION. It's no better than the friend or relative of a rapist "offering" to not murder the rape victim if she agrees not to go to the police.

And this is NOT the first time this has happened. A virtually identical incident happened in Beachwood, Ohio and actually went to trial. The victim in that case, was of course acquitted.

And people wonder why I have ZERO trust for the police...

I read the post correctly, but was not aware the charge was this BS. Thought it was for the parking violation. Doesn't change the reality of the civil case. My response to the dimwit DA would be simple. See you in court.

MyWifeSaidYes

IF cited for parking violation, pay it. Then...

...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.

Deanimator

...sue the pants of the LEO, the department, the DA and the city for such horrible treatment.

But make sure the client pays the parking citation IF they actually received one.
I'm not even certain he was ever actually cited for THAT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to in their haste to COMPEL him to commit an actual crime.

Brian D.

OFCC is saying that the police dashcam video from this incident will be on their main site tonight around 9pm EDT tonight. (It's about 9:15 pm EDT as I post this, so it oughta be REAL soon now.)

OFCC is warning that the language contained on the tape is very very profane by the way--from what's been reported that language is eminating from the LEO(s) involved.