• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any LEO's in the forums?

gordyelement

Just wondering if there any contacts in here, I am originally from Lansing, but I'm active duty(Colorado right now). TRying to move back home after I get out here in the next 2 years, wondering how department hiring is looking?

Josh

eastmeyers

Hiring isn't that good. The only department that I know of that doesn't have a hiring freeze (in my area) is Detroit. But it looks like even Detroit is going to reinstate their hiring freeze, and possible (hopefully not) lay off their last graduating class. Luckily for you, you already have time on the job, so if you start faxing/emailing, your resume out now, to the departments your interested in, it will be on file, and you will get a call when an opening becomes available. It will at least get you an interview. The only chance most have of getting on a department right now is if you have years already on the job, a very high degree not only in CJ but also something like psychology, or if you have spend years (with good reviews) in the explorers, and cadets (with a low degree in CJ).

Good Luck!

BTW, do yourself a favor and don't goto LPD. Try the multiple Sheriff's Departments first, they have less of a turn over, and better job security.