• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good location for fingerprinting?

tbrenke

I have my DD-214 and am in need of a good location to get the fingerprinting done.
I have my WA permit but moved to AZ aboput 3 months ago and need to change that also.

I travel from Suprise to I-17 and 101 every day.
can anyone recomend a good location?

Tony

Sonora Rebel

No permit is required to carry openly or concealed within the borders of the state of Arizona if you are 21 yrs old or older. Don't sweat it.

PracticalTactical

Getting the card is good for out of state travel. The only state more recognized than AZ is Florida, and they are better by one state--Washington. So keep the WA permit if you plan on visiting in the future but get the AZ.

There's a guy next to the Scottsdale Airpark that does two cards for $15, each additional card is $5.

http://www.globalpi-security.com/
(480) 443-0828
7807 E. Greenway Road #9
Scottsdale‎ AZ‎ 85260-1717
United States

Last edited:

Getting the card is good for out of state travel. The only state more recognized than AZ is Florida, and they are better by one state--Washington. So keep the WA permit if you plan on visiting in the future but get the AZ.

There's a guy next to the Scottsdale Airpark that does two cards for $15, each additional card is $5.

(480) 443-0828
7807 E. Greenway Road #9
United States

According to handgunlaw.us 37 states recognize the MO permit and when the WI law goes into effect it will be 38 states. I think that is more than FL or AZ.

MITCH

I had mine done at the County Sheriff's Office for a small fee. The handgun instructor couldn't seem to get the prints right to satisfy the the FBI check. The Sheriff's Office used a photo machine (No ink) and it worked fine the first time.
Try the county sherriff.
Mitch

azcdlfred

I had mine done at the County Sheriff's Office for a small fee. The handgun instructor couldn't seem to get the prints right to satisfy the the FBI check. The Sheriff's Office used a photo machine (No ink) and it worked fine the first time. Try the county sherriff.Mitch
This doesn't help you much in Scottsdale, but I use the Pima county sheriff for my prints because they use a scanner. They can also use software to enahnce the print and make it more readable if the FBI rejects it.

And, the best part was I didn't have scrub off any ink afterwards.

Fred

tbrenke

(480) 443-0828
7807 E. Greenway Road #9
United States

Thank you,
this is the kind of information I was looking for.

there are many advantages to having a permit. Out of state travel, Dinner at a location that is not posted but serves.......
those are two quick one just of the top of my head.