Thread: Iowa congressman, family safe after home invasion

Iowa congressman, family safe after home invasion

The Congressman's grandson retrieved a shotgun causing the criminals to flee. He's at least one member of Congress who understands be armed can save your life.

http://usat.ly/rcGCwt
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Yet another example of "Guns Save Lives"!!
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    He's at least one member of Congress who understands be armed can save your life.

http://usat.ly/rcGCwt
    Yeah, but what's his stance about John Q. Public keeping and carrying firearms for protection? Is he one of those "only ones" who thinks that we, the people, dont need firearms for our safety but considers it OK for him and his ilk to do so?
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

I don't live in Iowa anymore so I don't have any direct knowledge of him but the NRA likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Yeah, but what's his stance about John Q. Public keeping and carrying firearms for protection? Is he one of those "only ones" who thinks that we, the people, dont need firearms for our safety but considers it OK for him and his ilk to do so?
    GOA rates him as a D-.... if that gives you any idea.

http://gunowners.org/112hrat.htm

Update: A man was arrested in connection with the home invasion.

http://on.msnbc.com/p41f8W
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    GOA rates him as a D-.... if that gives you any idea.

http://gunowners.org/112hrat.htm
    Oh boy, More <oink> protection is for us in charge <oink> but not for you lowly commoners <oink> OK maybe I am being to sarcastic but this really gets to me. some people should have arms but not the rest of us
    Last edited by dukenukum; 07-22-2011 at 10:33 AM.

They are "the ruling class" and I have nothing, and I mean nothing good to say about them or to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dukenukum View Post
    Oh boy, More <oink> protection is for us in charge <oink> but not for you lowly commoners <oink> OK maybe I am being to sarcastic but this really gets to me. some people should have arms but not the rest of us
    I later had heard that the NRA rated the Congressman fairly well..... so I'm not sure why the discrepancy between the GOA rating and the NRA rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    I later had heard that the NRA rated the Congressman fairly well..... so I'm not sure why the discrepancy between the GOA rating and the NRA rating?
    Probably for the same reason the NRA rated Geri Askins, D-OK that ran for governor against Mary Fallin, R-OK ... the NRA sends out a questionaire to the candidate and the CANDIDATE or one of their aides fills out the questionaire and the NRA does no FACT CHECKING to compare the answers with past voting records. Geri Askins has been Anti-Gun since she was Dept of Ed under the former FBI agent Frank Keating when he was governor and she submitted a report to him that "having guns in the home" was BAD for children.

The GOA rating process doesn't rely on the CANDIDATE to provide information, they actually take a look at their past VOTING RECORD!
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Another example of why you should carry when at home. The only reason I'd have to run to another room for a shotgun is that I had fired the 16 rounds from my pistol carried on my belt and I still had not ended the threat.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org