• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iowa congressman, family safe after home invasion

nobama

They are "the ruling class" and I have nothing, and I mean nothing good to say about them or to them.

Blk97F150

Oh boy, More <oink> protection is for us in charge <oink> but not for you lowly commoners <oink> OK maybe I am being to sarcastic but this really gets to me. some people should have arms but not the rest of us

I later had heard that the NRA rated the Congressman fairly well..... so I'm not sure why the discrepancy between the GOA rating and the NRA rating?

okboomer

I later had heard that the NRA rated the Congressman fairly well..... so I'm not sure why the discrepancy between the GOA rating and the NRA rating?

Probably for the same reason the NRA rated Geri Askins, D-OK that ran for governor against Mary Fallin, R-OK ... the NRA sends out a questionaire to the candidate and the CANDIDATE or one of their aides fills out the questionaire and the NRA does no FACT CHECKING to compare the answers with past voting records. Geri Askins has been Anti-Gun since she was Dept of Ed under the former FBI agent Frank Keating when he was governor and she submitted a report to him that "having guns in the home" was BAD for children.

The GOA rating process doesn't rely on the CANDIDATE to provide information, they actually take a look at their past VOTING RECORD!

sraacke

Another example of why you should carry when at home. The only reason I'd have to run to another room for a shotgun is that I had fired the 16 rounds from my pistol carried on my belt and I still had not ended the threat.