• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Ladies On Here with CUTE GUNS?

okboomer

45acpForMe

I was hoping to see what choices women have made as far as carry guns.

Outside of the normal functional black or stainless guns I do see some as works of art.

It is a bit surprising that there has been no real response. :-(

I have two daughters and want them to carry as they get older (legal) and if its a stylish gun that helps them carry so be it.

(on the other hand I chose to not get the pink Walther P22 that they use because I didn't want it to be thought of as a toy)

I have my dress gun (Sig Sauer P220 Stainless Elite) but I am a guy so I don't count. :)

Aknazer

My wife told me that she wouldn't want a pink carry gun and that she prefers just a standard black or stainless colored gun.

S.Officer

@ Epilogue and okboomer

Sorry that you read it wrong...

But,since us Women do carry permits
and to permit means to allow... plus the thread's
main subjects are Women and Cute Guns...
I worded it that way...

But feel free to re word that sentence to better suit your understanding.

Still would like to know what pistols best suit your needs as a woman.
Hope you liked the Video.;)

S.Officer

2. There is a male bias that "the little lady" can't shot a "manly gun".

Oh the "little lady" can shoot a "manly gun" alright!
But at the same token...the "little lady" usually wear "little clothing"

Women usually wear form fitting clothing, as you can see in the video.(if you watched it)
So it may be more appropriate to carry a smaller more "girly" gun as opposed to the "manlier" ones.

As seen in the video, there is no way for me to OC a pistol wearing a dress.
Unless I were to wear the utility belt I use for work, which by then I would
become the laughing stock of the party...lol

But I have no problem OC-ing & shooting my big shiny "work pistol".

S.Officer

My wife told me that she wouldn't want a pink carry gun and that she prefers just a standard black or stainless colored gun.

I too don't really favor the bright pink guns...
I also love the stainless steel or jet black pistols,but they must have
gold accents or some type of calligraphy on them.

The Bursa Thunder 380 is right up my alley!!!

Bursa Thunder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKrJHcIKdVY

JBarL

Well Seeing how I am a Instructor I will add my 2 cents. Fellers Dont ever try to get over a Woman you will be shot down really fast and might even be shot with a pink gun But ironically that pink gun will kill too. and My Wife says to me dont try it cause I never win a argument with her she always gets the last word. And i mean the last word for sure lol. But to S. Officer You carry what is comfortable to you and you only a comfortable gun is a accurate gun. just remember that. good luck on your answers and LADIES chime in ok...

Packer fan

My wife doesn't like to post things so I'll do it for her.

She doesn't like the pink guns and she prefers to CC over OC. Yes, she has OC.

She loves the Kahr CW40 and she conceals it very well with most any outfit she has.

She just uses a belly belt and the gun disappears. There maybe a few shirts it prints but who cares it just lets the BG know she's armed and dangerous as he's checking her out.

Yesterday, I did see the need for an ankle holster for her.

AmongTheRedGuns

They are all ''cute'' and I wouldn't mind owning one for OC. Right now I have a Taurus .38 Special and I think it's gorgeous (nickel and black color), but it all depends on what you like I guess.

SickPythons

I know that many people disagree with me but to me, the look of a gun is a big selling point. To me, buying a Berretta Storm over a comparable gun because it looks so cool is a valid option in gun buying. They are kind of like cars; there are a ton of great options out there and if more than one has the features that you like, you might as well get one that looks good.

Also, my friend's wife has Charter Arms' Pink Lady. It's a pretty nice little gun.

Ruby

My guns are tools to protect my life. They are beautiful to me but I wouldn't consider them to be "cute". I think cute is the wrong word to use, but to each his own. Certainly the way they look is a determining feature, and the gun manufacturers have picked up on that. But I certainly don't think of my gun as a fashion accessory! Function over fashion, always. I chose my guns for the same reasons any man would choose a particular gun: it fulfills my need for protection, I like the way it shoots, it's comfortable to shoot and carry, etc.

I wouldn't have a pink gun if someone gave me one. Nor do I like all the new colored ones, the gilded ones, etc. I think it gives the non-gun toting public the wrong impression. They may view those guns as fashion accessories instead of the very serious tools that they are. It also causes undue attention to be paid to the gun when you may not want all that attention at that particular time. I'm not saying that we should hide our guns; I believe in OC and I OC when I can. My job restricts that. I prefer black or stainless steel. And I am not criticizing anyone who prefers a flashier gun; having a gun and carrying it however you prefer is the important thing.