• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Ladies On Here with CUTE GUNS?

carry for myself

reminds me of that guy in that place that one time that shot his **** off with his girlfriends pink gun :p.

anywho. i see nothing wrong with "cute guns" green, pink, hello kitty print, leopard spot.....if i need to shoot someone in SD. i dont care what it looks like and im a man :p one of my favorate guns i own is actually a "girls gun" the S&W lady smith. like the 6906 but.......prettier haha. a guns a guns a gun. and BTW my ex gf handled my Ruger alaskan .500 S&W 3" pretty darn well, also took a liking to the ruger .44 mag i used to have ;-) i've seen many girls outshoot guys. my gf i have now her first pistol shot ever was out of a Cold Mark 5 1911. tagged a swinging milk jug 3 times at 10 yards *had never fired a weapon before in her life * :) YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I WAS BRAGGING. I AM PROUD :p

PistolPackingMomma

My guns are tools to protect my life. They are beautiful to me but I wouldn't consider them to be "cute". I think cute is the wrong word to use, but to each his own. Certainly the way they look is a determining feature, and the gun manufacturers have picked up on that. But I certainly don't think of my gun as a fashion accessory! Function over fashion, always. I chose my guns for the same reasons any man would choose a particular gun: it fulfills my need for protection, I like the way it shoots, it's comfortable to shoot and carry, etc.

I wouldn't have a pink gun if someone gave me one. Nor do I like all the new colored ones, the gilded ones, etc. I think it gives the non-gun toting public the wrong impression. They may view those guns as fashion accessories instead of the very serious tools that they are. It also causes undue attention to be paid to the gun when you may not want all that attention at that particular time. I'm not saying that we should hide our guns; I believe in OC and I OC when I can. My job restricts that. I prefer black or stainless steel. And I am not criticizing anyone who prefers a flashier gun; having a gun and carrying it however you prefer is the important thing.

+1
Well said!!!

RPGamingGirl

Is this thread serious? lol

I would never buy a gun based on its looks. And i would never refuse to carry one just because i don't think it goes with my outfit. But fortunately, i happen to think that a functional piece of equipment is the most attractive kind, so i guess my reasoning is a little circular here.

I suppose i'm just a low-maintenance kind of gal. It takes me a total of 7 minutes to get ready to go somewhere.

To he honest though, i think we're looking pretty good regardless:

317795_10150337495609732_516899731_7840553_466291778_n.jpg

Lthrnck

Pretty

The cashier at Homedepot last saturday said my Beretta 92FS was..."PRETTY"...
I didn't know how to answer but to say "thank you".

Handsome, dapper any thing but Preety..

since9

Campaign Veteran

I watched this video and was very impressed! She's obviously done a lot of thinking about her options, not to mention how to weave in CC with her fashion options. She expresses herself very well!

She also reminded me that guns aren't cute. She's cute, but the purpose of a concealed firearm is to reliably shoot bullets. I recommend to women friends they never get a pink firearm. If you're ever in a situation where you have to draw but not necessarily fire, you do not want a bad guy mistaking your firearm for your pretty pink compact, and by "compact," I'm referring to your makeup case, not a compact pistol.

A well-designed firearm will inherently reflect the quality of its design and craftsmanship. This is why I also shy away from firearms with extra design grooves serving no other function that trying to make it look more bad-a.. than the competition. I figure if the designers are spending time on that, then they either stole time from the weapon's function design, or they're charging me extra for the time they spent on designing in bad-a.. looks. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks on bad-a.. performance and reliability.

MilProGuy

@ Epilogue and okboomer

Sorry that you read it wrong...

But,since us Women do carry permits
and to permit means to allow... plus the thread's
main subjects are Women and Cute Guns...
I worded it that way...

But feel free to re word that sentence to better suit your understanding.

I would guess that the majority of us understood what you were trying to convey in your original post.

Thanks for starting the thread. I'm a guy, but will enjoy reading what some of the gals have to say, and will enjoy looking at pics of their handguns (hint, hint) that they may post for our viewing enjoyment. :dude:

Last edited:

carry for myself

sadly my gf is basing her entire next firearms purchase solely on how it "looks". she bought her last one on the looks too. almost bought an ultrastar on the looks :uhoh: im trying to teach her that its not the looks of a weapon that matters but the functionality. heck i carry a glock. we all know glocks are butt ugly..........however they dont fail and hence thats why i carry one instead of a sig 229 equinox lol :p but cute guns are alright. and you can get custom paints to make any gun pretty...........but you have to start at the basis of 1. does it go bang every time? 2. is it accurate? 3. will it jam or not? once you get through those you can shop on which is "prettiest" :p

Last edited:

Jack House

A couple of the female officers around here carry pink guns and pink cuffs.

Posted using my HTC Evo

since9

Campaign Veteran
A couple of the female officers around here carry pink guns and pink cuffs.

Are you funnin' us, Jack? Seriously?

The purpose of a uniform is to enhance a professional appearance. Pink guns/cuffs are "in your face" and as such I do not find them professional in the least.

What's next? Male officers wearing their favorite football jersey instead of their uniform blouse?

RPGamingGirl

Um, Jack...

Were they also wearing heels and miniskirts? Were they dancing for tips? And are you sure you didn't just dream this? lol

But seriously, i'm with since9. While it may work perfectly well, that sort of gear does not say to me 'professional' (unless we're talking the type of professional i hinted at above). Sounds like a bad idea, and in my opinion, begs people to not treat them seriously. Not helpful. There are reasons "standard issue" should be standard.

Last edited:

PT111

First thing that comes to mind is how many say they don't consider looks when they purchase a gun. How many times have I seen on here talk about that is a great looking gun, what do you think of my punisher/pearl/cocobolo grips, Glocks are butt ugly, almost as ugly as a Hi-Point, I don't want a gun with gold accents etc. and so forth and so on....... Looks are a large part of gun no matter what anyone tries to say otherwise. Now when one says that they do or don't want a pink or Hello Kitty gun that is understandable but looks are a major part of gun selection. Ever hear of a Bar-B-Que gun?

For ladies who do or do not want pink it doesn't make one bit of difference to me. If I am trying to defend myself the last thing I am going to worry about is if it is pink, DS, black or stainless. To use a gun as a fashion accessory is fine and don't think that most men don't also do it. Whatever flips your lid is fine with me. The only caveat is that some people are too dumb to understand that the color of a gun has no bearing on how effective or deadly it is and just because a female is pulling the trigger doesn't make it any less effective.

As for Glocks being ugly but reliable there are lots of other guns that are also reliable. I don't like Glocks because they just do not match up with my short fingers as well as some others. It doesn't matter how reliable a gun is if it doesn't fit your hand then it isn't as reliable for you as it may be for some others. As for the lady cops with the pink guns and handcuffs I say more power to them. When they bring in some scum with pink handcuffs on now everyone knows that not only are they lady cops but they are serious about thier job and the macho man thing is just a myth.

Jack House

Are you funnin' us, Jack? Seriously?

The purpose of a uniform is to enhance a professional appearance. Pink guns/cuffs are "in your face" and as such I do not find them professional in the least.

What's next? Male officers wearing their favorite football jersey instead of their uniform blouse?
Seriously. I can't remember what department the good looking one was from, bit the other was from the local PD.

As for the question as to whether they are strippers: the first one works for a bar now. But not as a stripper, unfortunately. Rather she works as armed security. The other one? Thank God no, nothing personal. She is a good person, but I've rather she kept her clothes on.

@PT111, I chose my gun because it looks great and shoots straight.

Posted using my HTC Evo