Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: The Trip....Three States...

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    The Trip....Three States...

    My oldest daughter and I headed out this morning on our way to Bozeman, MT. Made several stops in Eastern Wa to get gas, use a rest stop, etc.

    Just arrived in St Regis, MT for lunch at Frosty's. Buffalo burgers for lunch! Lots of people in town and the weather is great.
    Live Free or Die!

  2. #2
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    You know the rule....


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Just arrived in St Regis, MT for lunch at Frosty's. Buffalo burgers for lunch! Lots of people in town and the weather is great.
    And by lots of people in town I assume you mean a whole 10... :-) (I used to live over that way and frequently stroll through st regis on my way to hwy 200/93).

    Just remember a couple major differences in the law:
    - parks are excluded from state preemption. Most cities seem to enact there right to restrict in there parks.
    - you are required to openly carry your firearm in a building that alcohol is consumed even if you have ccw.


    Finally, be safe and have fun.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    You know the rule....
    Pics will be coming....

    St Regis was full of people. I would guess a few hundred in the middle of the day including a state trooper.
    Live Free or Die!

  5. #5
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    If our Jeep wasn't in the shop, We were going to go to Great Falls and visit our son in College there.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Bozeman

    Arrived in Bozeman a little before 6pm. Had a nice dinner with TWG2A and now ready for bed. Big day tomorrow, and pics to come...
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Howdy Amigo!
    Hope your trip is fun and enjoyable for all concerned. Bozeman is in a really nice area. Beautiful country. Much prettier than Butte, for example.

    Awaiting them pics. Hope to see them soon!

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  8. #8
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    OC all the way, right?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Snoqualmie, WA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    And by lots of people in town I assume you mean a whole 10... :-) (I used to live over that way and frequently stroll through st regis on my way to hwy 200/93).

    Just remember a couple major differences in the law:
    - parks are excluded from state preemption. Most cities seem to enact there right to restrict in there parks.
    - you are required to openly carry your firearm in a building that alcohol is consumed even if you have ccw.


    Finally, be safe and have fun.
    Hi,

    I am just wondering if you know the law differeences for CC in the Vehicle in ID and MT? I am driving to MT this coming weekend, and planning to CC on the way. (I have WA CPL)

    I am still new to carrying, so starting with CC first until I am more comfortable and I'll starting to OC more.

    Thanks,
    Alan

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan903 View Post
    Hi,

    I am just wondering if you know the law differeences for CC in the Vehicle in ID and MT? I am driving to MT this coming weekend, and planning to CC on the way. (I have WA CPL)

    I am still new to carrying, so starting with CC first until I am more comfortable and I'll starting to OC more.

    Thanks,
    Alan
    Your wa cpl is recognized in mt. You can OC in a vehicle with or without.
    Live Free or Die!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Snoqualmie, WA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Your wa cpl is recognized in mt. You can OC in a vehicle with or without.
    Good to know! Thanks!

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan903 View Post
    Hi,

    I am just wondering if you know the law differeences for CC in the Vehicle in ID and MT? I am driving to MT this coming weekend, and planning to CC on the way. (I have WA CPL)

    I am still new to carrying, so starting with CC first until I am more comfortable and I'll starting to OC more.

    Thanks,
    Alan
    You will be good in both ID and WA, both states recognize WA CPL. Further, in Montana you are not required to have a CWP to store your pistol in your glove box or out of sight within the vehicle. MT code states that concealing a weapon is specific to ones person and clothes.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Snoqualmie, WA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    You will be good in both ID and WA, both states recognize WA CPL. Further, in Montana you are not required to have a CWP to store your pistol in your glove box or out of sight within the vehicle. MT code states that concealing a weapon is specific to ones person and clothes.
    Thanks!

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Getting my oil changed and this little cutie is getting in her truck. Look what's in the door. Nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311029749.729756.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	6375  
    Live Free or Die!

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Getting my oil changed and this little cutie is getting in her truck. Look what's in the door. Nice.
    Pretty trusting of her to leave it in the vehicle with them...

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Pretty trusting of her to leave it in the vehicle with them...
    I don't think it's that unusual here. I'm staying with TWG2A and she stated most leave their doors unlocked.
    BTW, I was OC in the lobby waiting for my car and we chatted briefly, and I left 2 guns in the car.
    Live Free or Die!

  17. #17
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    I just wish Oregon would recognize our CPL.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  18. #18
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Pretty trusting of her to leave it in the vehicle with them...
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I don't think it's that unusual here. I'm staying with TWG2A and she stated most leave their doors unlocked.
    BTW, I was OC in the lobby waiting for my car and we chatted briefly, and I left 2 guns in the car.
    I was getting some service done on my truck, at the Dealership, and the Svc Manager asked that I remove my firearms before they took it back into the shop. Seems like they had a mechanic road testing a vehicle once that ended up in jail. Felon in possession of a firearm, even though it was a Customers and he was only road testing the vehicle.

    Now, when I go to the Dealership to get service I sit in the waiting room with my cased AR and "Go Bag" that has another pistol with ammo for it and AR. Nobody seems to care even though the AR case has "Colt" boldly emblazoned on the outside.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  19. #19
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    I just wish Oregon would recognize our CPL.
    +1000
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    I just wish Oregon would recognize our CPL.
    I don't go places that you can't pump your own gas.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I was getting some service done on my truck, at the Dealership, and the Svc Manager asked that I remove my firearms before they took it back into the shop. Seems like they had a mechanic road testing a vehicle once that ended up in jail. Felon in possession of a firearm, even though it was a Customers and he was only road testing the vehicle.

    Now, when I go to the Dealership to get service I sit in the waiting room with my cased AR and "Go Bag" that has another pistol with ammo for it and AR. Nobody seems to care even though the AR case has "Colt" boldly emblazoned on the outside.
    ...you know the sheeple, they probably just think you're a football fan.

    Just another reason to do your own repairs and never trust a stealership with your ride
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    How's the trip going? I assume no issues (its Montana afterall), otherwise I am sure we would hear.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    No Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    How's the trip going? I assume no issues (its Montana afterall), otherwise I am sure we would hear.
    Spent many evenings walking up and down Main St. in dowtown Bozeman with no issues. Stopped in many shops; including Powderhorn Sporting Goods and there was never a mention of my Sig. Had dinner last night at McKenzie River Pizza with some friends and again no issues. Also I spent several hours at the Gallitin County Fair with no issues. Mind you on Wednesday I was in Ropers and a Cowboy hat with my "I Love Guns and Coffee" shirt. All in all a very uneventful trip as far as OC is concerned. The most popular question of the trip was on Wednesday when I wore my 'Guns and Coffee' shirt, "where did you get that shirt"?

    Just returned home tonight....
    Live Free or Die!

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Spent many evenings walking up and down Main St. in dowtown Bozeman with no issues. Stopped in many shops; including Powderhorn Sporting Goods and there was never a mention of my Sig. Had dinner last night at McKenzie River Pizza with some friends and again no issues. Also I spent several hours at the Gallitin County Fair with no issues. Mind you on Wednesday I was in Ropers and a Cowboy hat with my "I Love Guns and Coffee" shirt. All in all a very uneventful trip as far as OC is concerned. The most popular question of the trip was on Wednesday when I wore my 'Guns and Coffee' shirt, "where did you get that shirt"?

    Just returned home tonight....
    Sounds like a good, fun trip. My in-laws from Montana just got in this evening, going to hit up pikes place tomorrow afternoon/evening to get some oysters yum yum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •