• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congratulations mkegal

JJC

Congrats, and welcome to the family.

I pray and hope you find your adventure into instructing as mentaly rewarding and full filling as I have over the last 35 years.

JJC

XDFDE45

OUTSTANDING
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Outdoorsman1

Good on you... You makes us all look good by your efforts and your pinpoint accuracy in your posts regarding statutes, and now this...

YOU ROCK... "You Da Women".....:banana:

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal

oh, good grief!

One of the advantages of being a mentor to an aspiring Firearms Instructor who has pestered the crap out of MKEgal to get her NRA Firearms Instructor credentials is that I got the news first.
And it looks like you almost posted this while we were on the phone! :blush:
Yes, it's true, he has been pestering me, & Sunday I passed the class & got my course completion card.
Now I have to wait for HQ to process paperwork, which means I can't do anything official until at least early Sep.

apjonas said:
I thought she was pregnant.
:shocker: Oh, heavens no!!! And that would not be cause for congrat's.
As for getting married, I think many of you would be invited to the party.

Krusty said:
I have a niece in the Milwaukee area that will probably be looking for a handgun instructor in the near future.
I will certainly send her your way!
Appreciate the thought, & will be happy to talk with her, but see above about the delay until I can do anything officially.
If she's happy with unofficial help, that's OK with me, but it won't count toward a cc permit.

McX said:
congrats MKE, now send your nicest gun to me.
Once MPD releases it we can discuss a possible transfer of custody...
But would you really want something that's "only" a 9mm & has such a bad habit of ending up in police custody? :rolleyes:

Aaron said:
Guess I have to start sucking up to the teacher... Oh wait, I do that now.
a) Tom has done more "sucking up" than you, & he didn't mean to
b) won't influence me in the least :p
(though I admit, someone offering me a place to sleep in a/c for the next few nights would come close)

Last edited:
M

McX

So MKE, you going to talk to shotgun, ally, and be our local Wiscarry permit class girl teacher- southeastern wisconsin district?

jpm84092

Great Idea McX

So MKE, you going to talk to shotgun, ally, and be our local Wiscarry permit class girl teacher- southeastern wisconsin district?

Now there is a thought. McX, you do come up with some good ideas from time to time. MKE GAL is right though. She must wait until her credentials arrive before she can be an NRA Firearms Instructor - or teach any course meant to fulfill the requirements of Wisconsin SB-93. This could take up to 10 weeks depending on NRA backlog. And, in the mean time, I am trying to arrange a trip back to WI to teach more courses to WI Carry members at deeply discounted prices.

And McX, you will be interested to learn that after working with her on my last visit to WI and then pushing her very hard to get that NRA Pistol Instructor Rating, I have not given up. Now, I am pushing her to get a UTAH Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor rating in case there are not many States that will be recognizing the new WI permit and WI Carry members want voluntary permits to be able to travel in other States without disarming. I will also be pushing her to earn her NRA Instructor in the Personal Protection courses. (I have already introduced her to "double-tap" shooting.)

And, I would like to thank the forum member who corrected me. MKEGAL may not be the first female NRA Certified Instructor in the WI CARRY group of 2A advocates, but I stand by my statement that it is "progress" to have another female NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol. I firmly believe that female instructors can reach out to vulnerable female populations who might not otherwise feel comfortable taking firearms training. And, after all, WI Carry is all about the Constitutional Right we have to bear arms to defend ourselves and others.

M

McX

Now there is a thought. McX, you do come up with some good ideas from time to time. MKE GAL is right though. She must wait until her credentials arrive before she can be an NRA Firearms Instructor - or teach any course meant to fulfill the requirements of Wisconsin SB-93. This could take up to 10 weeks depending on NRA backlog. And, in the mean time, I am trying to arrange a trip back to WI to teach more courses to WI Carry members at deeply discounted prices.

And McX, you will be interested to learn that after working with her on my last visit to WI and then pushing her very hard to get that NRA Pistol Instructor Rating, I have not given up. Now, I am pushing her to get a UTAH Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor rating in case there are not many States that will be recognizing the new WI permit and WI Carry members want voluntary permits to be able to travel in other States without disarming. I will also be pushing her to earn her NRA Instructor in the Personal Protection courses. (I have already introduced her to "double-tap" shooting.)

And, I would like to thank the forum member who corrected me. MKEGAL may not be the first female NRA Certified Instructor in the WI CARRY group of 2A advocates, but I stand by my statement that it is "progress" to have another female NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol. I firmly believe that female instructors can reach out to vulnerable female populations who might not otherwise feel comfortable taking firearms training. And, after all, WI Carry is all about the Constitutional Right we have to bear arms to defend ourselves and others.

Plus dont forget MKE smells nice too. dont let MKE get the big head; we all knew her when she was just another gun toting Church goer heh-heh.

MKEgal

McX said:
Waiting to see what WCI decides on for a course & how to select instructors; I've already said I'm willing, but they may have enough people.

Plus don't forget MKE smells nice too.
:lol: Not in this heat I don't.

I got a call from a friend w/ a/c, so I'm going to pack up the computer & go over there for a while, maybe nap on the couch. It's hard to sleep in the heat, & then I get cranky.

Spent a few hours last night @ a Culver's, enjoying frozen treats, a/c, & internet access, all while armed.
Very few people noticed, & nobody ran away screaming. :lol:
(One gal did ask if it was loaded.) :banghead:

we all knew her when she was just another gun toting Church goer
Heck, most of you knew me before that mess!
Be careful, or people will start saying similar things about you...

And no, Jim has not given up pestering me about more training.

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal wrote...
b) won't influence me in the least
(though I admit, someone offering me a place to sleep in a/c for the next few nights would come close)

Air conditioned , spare bedroom, Mi Casa, You Casa...

And I would most certainly hope that it would not have influence when I take one of your classes in the future... :p

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: