• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet/Greet at DOJ to hand in forms....

Teej

Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street

Count me in as well. Just need to confirm they would accept them in person.

Is someone gonna take a computer and printer to print out forms in case they're not online before you leave in the morning?

Outdoorsman1

Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street
Count me in as well. Just need to confirm they would accept them in person.

I am wondering that being the office of "The Department of Justice" for the state of Wisconsin,might this be in a government building hence making it illegal to open carry inside...????

I suppose a OC meet would be great but to have to "unarm" to crry the permit inside would almost kinda defeat the purpose of the intende show of solidarity...

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1

Pyro01

I would totally put in for PTO if I had any to spare, I started my current job in May and didn't start earning PTO till July. I'm using it mostly for opening of hunting seasons. I'll just have to mail mine in via premium post office services. Not only that, but even if I did take half a day, I'd still have to drive about 265 miles to get to Madison from my job.

HandyHamlet

I would totally put in for PTO if I had any to spare....

Well If Flipper is right you might want to have one of us hand deliver it for you. Or you might not ever see it.

If over 26,000 applications received on November 1 means delays on applications received after that date.

DOJ License Processing Capacity November 1 - December 15: 26,000

Presumptions
Processing Staff: 10
Processing Time Per Permit: 5 Minutes
Licenses Processed Per Staff Member Per Hour: 12
Net Daily Work Hours: 7
Licenses Processed Per Staff Member Per Day: 84 Daily Processing Capacity: 840
Work Days November 1 - December 15: 31
Total Licenses Processed Per Staff Member During Period: 2,604
Total Licenses Processed by All Staff During Period: 26,040

Last edited:

MKEgal

First, we have to find out forms will be available. There's a couple months of wrangling coming on that topic.

Then if they'll be taking applications in person, we'd need to have someone(s) stading outside the door to hold pistols while people went in to apply. Quite absurd, that citizens exercising protected rights can't go into a taxpayer-owned building while doing so. And I'll betcha they post.

If I'm available, I'd be tempted to join the queue.

M

McX

a bunch of CC hippies, you'll be attacked and eaten by a mob of hungry PETA people, or worse wake up in the morning with one of the leftover Madison protesters in your tent with you.

Mlutz

I might have to take a day off for this... So I can get my "permission slip" before it gets cold...