Thread: did anyone catch COPS last night at 8pm?

did anyone catch COPS last night at 8pm?

they went to a location where a guy was in a dispute with his neighbors, and was OCing on his hip. the guy with the gun called the police. the cops came, and went right up to the guy and told him to turn around, and then without permission, took his gun. he was on his own property the entire time. he never gave them permission (nor denied them) to take his gun.

this was the hillsborough county sheriffs office
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Cops is fun to watch. Unfortunately there are so many violations of the law by police that I never noticed before joining this site. Now, I've learned a bunch and everything sticks out.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Howdy Folks!
    When cops break the law, violate a citizen's rights, and on television no less, it tends to create an "open and shut" case against the officers involved. I hope the OC'er involved will press legal action for violation of his 2a rights.

I believe that cops with TV cameras nearby only serves to hype them up. Bad mix, just like guns and alcohol!

The television program can be used as evidence against them! Duh!

Hope that citizen stands up against this abuse of his rights.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

I've learned so much from being a part of the firearms community when it comes to law that I can't stand watching cops.

Cop stops a car for no reason at all but being "suspicious" and pull two young men out
    "Since you're telling me you're clean you won't mind me taking a look in your car then right?"
    "no sir I aint got nothin go ahead"
    ME: YOU IDIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BAHHHHHHH

*cop finds drugs and locks'em up*

I would have thought that was an okay thing before I got into firearms. Does anyone else find that people around them (including LEOs) believe that excercising your 4th amendment right is an admission of guilt and probable cause to go on and search a vehicle?

Is it legal to OC on your own property in FL?

I know that in the state as a whole it is not allowed except under very specific circumstances, like while fishing or hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    Is it legal to OC on your own property in FL?

I know that in the state as a whole it is not allowed except under very specific circumstances, like while fishing or hunting.
    §790.25 FS (3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

§790.053 FS is the prohibition on open carry.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

You guys just need to have this guy's attitude: http://breakthematrix.com/war/man-ex...ent-hilarious/

Lawful or unlawful you need to support the government's police. Apparently, some people in Orlando are unlawfully feeding homeless people. This guy sets them straight.
    Last edited by 77zach; 07-18-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    You guys just need to have this guy's attitude: http://breakthematrix.com/war/man-ex...ent-hilarious/

Lawful or unlawful you need to support the government's police. Apparently, some people in Orlando are unlawfully feeding homeless people. This guy sets them straight.
    That was hilarious!

Mike V

Hehehe, I saw that. I knew it was going to be on here.

The story changed and was edited, but I beleive he did leave his property with the firearm and enter upon another's property.

Hillsboro was the largest, in number of Officers sent to Tallahassee, to fight Open Carry this year.

They were also one of the largest to oppose concealed when that happened so many years ago, using all the same reasons why they support it now.... They make the same 'blood in the streets' outcry no matter what. Doesn't matter how many times they are proven wrong.

They like the ego trip and don't want us commoners going around showing that it isn't a big deal. Steals all their thunder.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Hehehe, I saw that. I knew it was going to be on here.

The story changed and was edited, but I beleive he did leave his property with the firearm and enter upon another's property.

Hillsboro was the largest, in number of Officers sent to Tallahassee, to fight Open Carry this year.

They were also one of the largest to oppose concealed when that happened so many years ago, using all the same reasons why they support it now.... They make the same 'blood in the streets' outcry no matter what. Doesn't matter how many times they are proven wrong.

They like the ego trip and don't want us commoners going around showing that it isn't a big deal. Steals all their thunder.

i can't confirm that he stayed on his property- but the episode did show the cop do exactly as i said...he took the gun without asking or telling the guy he was taking it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

I was arrested for openly carrying on my property a month or so ago, and can tell you this... if the officers arrive at a scene of a potential crime, and if the man that called 911 is involved, they do have the right to secure the area and the person until they can find out what is going in. But once they DO know what is going in, then they MUST return his firearm immediately - and that is what I have been told. If it is true or not is unclear. I do know that they cannot disarm someone who is NOT involved but is just nearby - no reason for a terry stop, no suspicion, no permission to violate rights.

I had a discussion about this with an officer in Oklahoma once, and he was unsure himself about how it would play out if they allowed open carry in OK. What was one option that was discussed was that they are allowed to temporarily detain someone if they feel they are involved in a crime in some way, in order to evaluate the situation. So I would think that they could temporarily disarm someone for the same reason.

The question though is can they disarm you at random to just "Check you out."
    I would say no. A terry stop requires suspicion of committing or intention of committing a crime, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GIdeon_70 View Post
    I was arrested for openly carrying on my property a month or so ago, and can tell you this... if the officers arrive at a scene of a potential crime, and if the man that called 911 is involved, they do have the right to secure the area and the person until they can find out what is going in. But once they DO know what is going in, then they MUST return his firearm immediately - and that is what I have been told. If it is true or not is unclear. I do know that they cannot disarm someone who is NOT involved but is just nearby - no reason for a terry stop, no suspicion, no permission to violate rights.

I had a discussion about this with an officer in Oklahoma once, and he was unsure himself about how it would play out if they allowed open carry in OK. What was one option that was discussed was that they are allowed to temporarily detain someone if they feel they are involved in a crime in some way, in order to evaluate the situation. So I would think that they could temporarily disarm someone for the same reason.

The question though is can they disarm you at random to just "Check you out."
    I would say no. A terry stop requires suspicion of committing or intention of committing a crime, right?
    Is there a thread about your situation? What happened? Why were you arrested?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."