• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skyway Fishing Pier

Rick H

Question, Should I call and let the LEO know that I will be there Open Carrying as well as the FWC just to see what kind of reaction I will get ???

Rick H

I'd just go fishing. The parks service is aware of the issue and local LE is accustomed to our monthly fishing events. See here: http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Carry/events/23183441/

Well the sign is gone from the ticket booth, but the green entry passes still have NO FIREARMS printed on them.
Went fishing from 4:30 until 10:00 and not one drop of trouble to report. But yet again there was very few people there.
I had talk to the lady at the booth as well as the guy at the bait house and they had no clue as to what I was doing.
I did let them know that I would be Open Carrying and they said that they had no problem with it, I told her about it so
as she would NOT be alarmed if somebody came to the front about man with gun.

77zach

Well the sign is gone from the ticket booth, but the green entry passes still have NO FIREARMS printed on them.
Went fishing from 4:30 until 10:00 and not one drop of trouble to report. But yet again there was very few people there.
I had talk to the lady at the booth as well as the guy at the bait house and they had no clue as to what I was doing.
I did let them know that I would be Open Carrying and they said that they had no problem with it, I told her about it so
as she would NOT be alarmed if somebody came to the front about man with gun.

No screaming and gnashing of teeth that a slave was visibly armed? Amazing. You know, I've OCed a lot out of state this summer. Just got back from OCing all over Georgia which included sitting at a booth next to 4 Georgia state patrol at lunch at a fast food restaurant in Perry. I hadn't seen them until after I got my food. I was nervous because I don't get to OC that often and with Georgia being a green state I was prepared for them to say something. The two facing me saw my gun and did nothing and didn't say anything to their friends facing away from me. Neither did the 100 other people even seem to care ( this chick-fil-a had to be a gold mine). I guess our lawmakers in Fl are just full of shite.

Last edited:

ADulay

No screaming and gnashing of teeth that a slave was visibly armed? Amazing. You know, I've OCed a lot out of state this summer.

Same thing here for me. I've just come back from a 3 week road trip on the motorcycle with a LOT of open carry being done in the states where it's legal. Not a problem at all and nobody even gives it a second look.

As I was coming back from an extended camping/fishing/shooting excursion, I did OC all through Florida when I got back into the state! Not a problem at any of the fuel or food stops and I was in my "motorcycle long range rider" clothing!

AD (good to be back home)