• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A guy can dream, can't he? DC FFLs

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://armsandthelaw.com/

DC is getting desperate....
Posted by David Hardy · 17 July 2011 07:28 PM
I'd say setting up an FFL in DC Police HQ, and expediting zoning clearance for any other FFLs, qualify as desperation moves. http://ia600608.us.archive.org/34/items/gov.uscourts.vaed.265997/gov.uscourts.vaed.265997.38.0.pdf

Hat tip to Fiftycal from Austin, Texas....

Now, if they'd just consider forcing Sugarman (Yes, the Sugarman of The Bradys - his FFL is still valid, isn't it?) to do transfers so they can stay out of the losers' circle.

(OK, a guy can dream, can't he?)

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wow, is this seriously the best solution they can come up with? What would happen if Sykes suddenly decided he didn't want to do FFLs anymore? DC needs to stop stalling and allow these folks to own handguns to defend themselves. Save everybody a hassle and let them buy their guns in VA.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Your question gets worse. I've been told that ATFEIEIOuandsometimesY cancelled Sugarman's FFL because he was not using it for the business of transferrijg firearms. My fault for not keeping up with that.

The one time they do something right they manage to screw things up anyhow!

stay safe.

ldsgeek

An idea?

Since DC was intentionally not placed in any state (so no state could claim the capitol) why not let DC residents buy in any state? Silly me, that just makes too much sense.