Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

Holsters

I just bought a blackhawk holster and want to find anyone who has one.

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    I think there are a lot of us in here who have them. Did you have a question?

Welcome to OCDO!!!!! Stick around here and you will learn a lot. There are lots of threads that discuss the Blackhawk Serpa holster. Try out the search function. As for my Blackhawks, I have three and I think they are great. But seriously try the search function before people start yelling at you.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Serpa, customized by Dremel by a member of this forum from whom I bought it, for my PT1911AR.

What?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

I have a Serpa Blackhawk for my Glock 17 and love it. The release with practice will force you to leave your trigger finger on the side of the weapon until you're ready to shoot.

Mike V.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Serpa, customized by Dremel by a member of this forum from whom I bought it, for my PT1911AR.

What?
    I'll bite. How did they customize it?

Blackhawk

The reason I need to know more about my holster is I have a glock 23.
    The hoster seems to show with the gun in it under my shirt.
    So how or what do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by ottyboy View Post
    The Blackhawk holster is notorious for being difficult to conceal. In its defense I was not designed as a concealment holster. If you are looking to CC, I would recommend look at an IWB holster or a pancake style holster. Crossbreed and Comp-Tac both make great IWB holsters designed for concealment. Good luck.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-22-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ottyboy View Post
    If it's legality you are concerned about, printing is not illegal. The holster can also show. I am now intentionally printing. There is no doubt I have a gun. If OC is scary to sheep, then this is a lot scarier. Thus is the stupidity of the Fl legislature.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I'll bite. How did they customize it?
    zzzzzzzzzeeeeeerrrrrrrrooooowwwwweeeeerrrrrrooowww wzzzzzeeeeeeeeewwwwwzzzzeeeeeeeeeeoooooowwwrroooor rrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwdammit.
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-22-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

zzzzzzzzzeeeeeerrrrrrrrooooowwwwweeeeerrrrrrooowww wzzzzzeeeeeeeeewwwwwzzzzeeeeeeeeeeoooooowwwrroooor rrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwdammit.
    How very descriptive....lol

The material surrounding the dust cover was removed so that the fat rail can stick out. It's see-thru now.

Oh, the brief opportunities for briefly seeing that as I walk... So much brevity...

Certainly, less than a second is brief? So what if it happens thousands of times a day.... visible, not, visible, not, visible, not, visible, not... That is a buttload of brevity going on.
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-22-2011 at 11:43 PM.

The material surrounding the dust cover was removed so that the fat rail can stick out. It's see-thru now.

Oh, the brief opportunities for briefly seeing that as I walk... So much brevity...

Certainly, less than a second is brief? So what if it happens thousands of times a day.... visible, not, visible, not, visible, not, visible, not... That is a buttload of brevity going on.
    Florida has such a stupid law. What's up with the new avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Florida has such a stupid law. What's up with the new avatar?
    http://www.agorism.info/

This is not a plug, he asked. I'm just answering the question.

I differ only very slightly. I believe violence against the State is acceptable violence. Always. It is, after all, Self Defense. For what is the State, but a perpetual murderous aggressor bent to the destruction of all things?

While OCDO does not agree with, advocate, or condone my statement; the only good government employee is a dead government employee. If The State exists in ANY form AT ALL, it must be exterminated. No quarter. I cannot find words sufficient to describe, I hope you get the idea.

I'm just answering the question. That is what MY avatar is about.
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-23-2011 at 08:59 PM.

the only good government employee is a dead government employee.
    I'm a government employee... Thanks...
    Last edited by Schlitz; 07-23-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I'm a government employee... Thanks...
    You could always quit...

You could always quit...
    Because of my government employee status we often joke about "putting in our two weeks" because we can't just "quit."

Also, I continue to serve because I feel like it gives me a better leg to stand on when critiquing government policies, laws, etc etc. Maybe that's just me.

I think it is important to have people working for the government who take their oath seriously. Can I get an AMEN!?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Because of my government employee status we often joke about "putting in our two weeks" because we can't just "quit."

Also, I continue to serve because I feel like it gives me a better leg to stand on when critiquing government policies, laws, etc etc. Maybe that's just me.

I think it is important to have people working for the government who take their oath seriously. Can I get an AMEN!?
    An "inside" man? :-p

An "inside" man? :-p

I differ only very slightly. I believe violence against the State is acceptable violence. Always. It is, after all, Self Defense. For what is the State, but a perpetual murderous aggressor bent to the destruction of all things?

While OCDO does not agree with, advocate, or condone my statement; the only good government employee is a dead government employee. If The State exists in ANY form AT ALL, it must be exterminated. No quarter. I cannot find words sufficient to describe, I hope you get the idea.

Dude you are one ****** up individual. You are the type of person (displayed in this post) that give all gun owners bad names. By the way I work for the government, if you want to take a shot I'll give you my address.
    Last edited by Phoenix David; 07-23-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

And sometimes you get what you ask for. Thanks ix, interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Dude you are one ****** up individual. You are the type of person (displayed in this post) that give all gun owners bad names. By the way I work for the government, if you want to take a shot I'll give you my address.
    I reckon challenging another poster to come to your house and shoot you also looks bad for OCDO and gun owners. I asked why he changed his avatar and he answered. Leave it at that.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    People like you in positions of power are exactly why my fiews are what they are.

Thank you for proving me right, yet again.

Dick.

I am also a raving anarchist, but I never use the word because "they" have stolen all our words. So when people ask me about politics I just say I'm a libertarian, since they've stolen "liberal". The state is not above the moral law. A new word should be invented to define somebody who believes that.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

People like you in positions of power are exactly why my fiews are what they are.

Thank you for proving me right, yet again.

Dick.
    Well Dick I'm not in a position of power. I'm an X-ray tech at the local VA hospital where you want me and everyone I work with dead. So Dick it kind of pisses me off when someone says they want me dead along with all the doctors and nurses i work with, not to mention the wounded soldiers that we care for.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast