• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holsters

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!!!! Stick around here and you will learn a lot. There are lots of threads that discuss the Blackhawk Serpa holster. Try out the search function. As for my Blackhawks, I have three and I think they are great. But seriously try the search function before people start yelling at you.

mavidal

I have a Serpa Blackhawk for my Glock 17 and love it. The release with practice will force you to leave your trigger finger on the side of the weapon until you're ready to shoot.

Mike V.

ottyboy

Blackhawk

The reason I need to know more about my holster is I have a glock 23.
The hoster seems to show with the gun in it under my shirt.
So how or what do I need to do?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

The Blackhawk holster is notorious for being difficult to conceal. In its defense I was not designed as a concealment holster. If you are looking to CC, I would recommend look at an IWB holster or a pancake style holster. Crossbreed and Comp-Tac both make great IWB holsters designed for concealment. Good luck.

Last edited:

77zach

If it's legality you are concerned about, printing is not illegal. The holster can also show. I am now intentionally printing. There is no doubt I have a gun. If OC is scary to sheep, then this is a lot scarier. Thus is the stupidity of the Fl legislature.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The material surrounding the dust cover was removed so that the fat rail can stick out. It's see-thru now.

Oh, the brief opportunities for briefly seeing that as I walk... So much brevity...

Certainly, less than a second is brief? So what if it happens thousands of times a day.... visible, not, visible, not, visible, not, visible, not... That is a buttload of brevity going on.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The material surrounding the dust cover was removed so that the fat rail can stick out. It's see-thru now.

Oh, the brief opportunities for briefly seeing that as I walk... So much brevity...

Certainly, less than a second is brief? So what if it happens thousands of times a day.... visible, not, visible, not, visible, not, visible, not... That is a buttload of brevity going on.

Florida has such a stupid law. What's up with the new avatar?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Florida has such a stupid law. What's up with the new avatar?

http://www.agorism.info/

This is not a plug, he asked. I'm just answering the question.

I differ only very slightly. I believe violence against the State is acceptable violence. Always. It is, after all, Self Defense. For what is the State, but a perpetual murderous aggressor bent to the destruction of all things?

While OCDO does not agree with, advocate, or condone my statement; the only good government employee is a dead government employee. If The State exists in ANY form AT ALL, it must be exterminated. No quarter. I cannot find words sufficient to describe, I hope you get the idea.

I'm just answering the question. That is what MY avatar is about.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You could always quit...

Because of my government employee status we often joke about "putting in our two weeks" because we can't just "quit."

Also, I continue to serve because I feel like it gives me a better leg to stand on when critiquing government policies, laws, etc etc. Maybe that's just me.

I think it is important to have people working for the government who take their oath seriously. Can I get an AMEN!?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Because of my government employee status we often joke about "putting in our two weeks" because we can't just "quit."

Also, I continue to serve because I feel like it gives me a better leg to stand on when critiquing government policies, laws, etc etc. Maybe that's just me.

I think it is important to have people working for the government who take their oath seriously. Can I get an AMEN!?

An "inside" man? :p

Phoenix David

http://www.agorism.info/

This is not a plug, he asked. I'm just answering the question.

I differ only very slightly. I believe violence against the State is acceptable violence. Always. It is, after all, Self Defense. For what is the State, but a perpetual murderous aggressor bent to the destruction of all things?

While OCDO does not agree with, advocate, or condone my statement; the only good government employee is a dead government employee. If The State exists in ANY form AT ALL, it must be exterminated. No quarter. I cannot find words sufficient to describe, I hope you get the idea.

I'm just answering the question. That is what MY avatar is about.

Dude you are one ****** up individual. You are the type of person (displayed in this post) that give all gun owners bad names. By the way I work for the government, if you want to take a shot I'll give you my address.

Last edited: