Thread: Traveling throught Idaho

Traveling throught Idaho

Hi guys,

I am from Washington, that I will be traveling to MT this coming weekend. I have been reading a couple of the post regarding to OC and CC.

From what I can tell, in MT places that serve alcohol (restaurant) can't not CC. But OC is fine.

What about in Idaho? Anything important that I should know regarding to CC/OC while I am going to stop by Coeur d'Alene for gas/food ?

Thanks all!

-Alan

Don't carry in a courthouse, jail or fed building. When in vehicle inside incorporated city limits make sure your side arm is plainly visible (loaded or unloaded) or stowed per fed regs. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Don't carry in a courthouse, jail or fed building. When in vehicle inside incorporated city limits make sure your side arm is plainly visible (loaded or unloaded) or stowed per fed regs. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
    Thanks for the info.

If I have a CC license that is being recognized in ID. Does it still need to be plainly visible? (Loaded or unloaded)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan903 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

If I have a CC license that is being recognized in ID. Does it still need to be plainly visible? (Loaded or unloaded)
    Idaho recognizes all conceal carry permits, so, no, it does not need to be visible. Idaho is also not a "must inform" state.

Idaho recognizes all conceal carry permits, so, no, it does not need to be visible. Idaho is also not a "must inform" state.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan903 View Post
    From what I can tell, in MT places that serve alcohol (restaurant) can't (not) CC. But OC is fine.
    What about in Idaho? Anything important that I should know regarding to CC/OC while I am going to stop by Coeur d'Alene for gas/food ?
    There are no restrictions re "places that serve alcohol" and CC or OC unless posted "no firearms" yadda yadda

Have a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    There are no restrictions re "places that serve alcohol" and CC or OC unless posted "no firearms" yadda yadda

Have a good trip.
    Thank you sir.

Although, it IS a crime to CCUI/CCWI, so keep your alcohol intake under wraps while carrying. (IMO, it's just bad form for an armed person to be drinking at all, anyway.)
    "Molon Labe."

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Quote Originally Posted by ColeMD17 View Post
    Although, it IS a crime to CCUI/CCWI, so keep your alcohol intake under wraps while carrying. (IMO, it's just bad form for an armed person to be drinking at all, anyway.)
    Gotcha! thx!

Stuff to check out?

By the way, since I will most likely stop by Coeur d'Alene's Costco for gas. Any cool places you guys can recommend for a quick stop by for My wife and I? I heard the view is pretty there.

I carried into the ADA county Jail yesterday... There were plenty of people there with the authority to arrest me, but they didn't. It's only illegal in a juvenille detention center or courthouse if concealed. Open carry is unregulated by the state, according to Article 1, Section 11 of the Idaho constitution. The feds have their own regs, of course, so, no telling what they think. What they don't know won't hurt them!