• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling throught Idaho

Alan903

Hi guys,

I am from Washington, that I will be traveling to MT this coming weekend. I have been reading a couple of the post regarding to OC and CC.

From what I can tell, in MT places that serve alcohol (restaurant) can't not CC. But OC is fine.

What about in Idaho? Anything important that I should know regarding to CC/OC while I am going to stop by Coeur d'Alene for gas/food ?

Thanks all!

-Alan

carracer

Don't carry in a courthouse, jail or fed building. When in vehicle inside incorporated city limits make sure your side arm is plainly visible (loaded or unloaded) or stowed per fed regs. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Alan903

Don't carry in a courthouse, jail or fed building. When in vehicle inside incorporated city limits make sure your side arm is plainly visible (loaded or unloaded) or stowed per fed regs. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Thanks for the info.

If I have a CC license that is being recognized in ID. Does it still need to be plainly visible? (Loaded or unloaded)

carracer

Thanks for the info.

If I have a CC license that is being recognized in ID. Does it still need to be plainly visible? (Loaded or unloaded)

Idaho recognizes all conceal carry permits, so, no, it does not need to be visible. Idaho is also not a "must inform" state.

oldbanger

From what I can tell, in MT places that serve alcohol (restaurant) can't (not) CC. But OC is fine.
What about in Idaho? Anything important that I should know regarding to CC/OC while I am going to stop by Coeur d'Alene for gas/food ?

There are no restrictions re "places that serve alcohol" and CC or OC unless posted "no firearms" yadda yadda

Have a good trip.

ColeMD17

Although, it IS a crime to CCUI/CCWI, so keep your alcohol intake under wraps while carrying. (IMO, it's just bad form for an armed person to be drinking at all, anyway.)

Alan903

Stuff to check out?

By the way, since I will most likely stop by Coeur d'Alene's Costco for gas. Any cool places you guys can recommend for a quick stop by for My wife and I? I heard the view is pretty there.

clarkebar

I carried into the ADA county Jail yesterday... There were plenty of people there with the authority to arrest me, but they didn't. It's only illegal in a juvenille detention center or courthouse if concealed. Open carry is unregulated by the state, according to Article 1, Section 11 of the Idaho constitution. The feds have their own regs, of course, so, no telling what they think. What they don't know won't hurt them!