Thread: Traveling to Missoula from WA

Traveling to Missoula from WA

HI guys,

I am traveling to Missoula from Seattle for the weekend, staying with a few friends that is renting a cabin near Missoula.

I have a CPL from WA, that I know it's recognized in MT. However, I am just wondering if there is anything important that I should know ?

I have been reading some posts. And i am understanding that at any place (restaurant) that serves alcoho that I cannot CC, but OC is fine?

Thanks guys!!
    -Alan

You may not conceal in any room in which alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed, and consumed. Some have interpreted this to mean if the restaurant has a bar separated from the dining area you are able to conceal. What I do is open carry and not worry about this grey area.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advise.

Quote Originally Posted by N605TW View Post
    You may not conceal in any room in which alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed, and consumed. Some have interpreted this to mean if the restaurant has a bar separated from the dining area you are able to conceal. What I do is open carry and not worry about this grey area.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advise.
    Got it. Thanks!

Along the same lines, carry in BANKS requires OC. CC Prohibited.

strange montana laws

Quote Originally Posted by Alan903 View Post
    HI guys,

I am traveling to Missoula from Seattle for the weekend, staying with a few friends that is renting a cabin near Missoula.

I have a CPL from WA, that I know it's recognized in MT. However, I am just wondering if there is anything important that I should know ?

I have been reading some posts. And i am understanding that at any place (restaurant) that serves alcoho that I cannot CC, but OC is fine?

Thanks guys!!
    -Alan

You can open carry in the state.
    you can CC any where in the state without a permit except in the city limits.
    You need a permit to CC in the city
    Open carry

Quote Originally Posted by koggman View Post
    You can open carry in the state.
    you can CC any where in the state without a permit except in the city limits.
    You need a permit to CC in the city
    Open carry
    Thanks!