• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first day OC and a possible new convert!

Murphy

Haven't had to do any bank stuff yet, and today was "honey do" things...

So...

Walgreens, Wendys, Hobby Lobby, and Wal-Mart. No problems whatsoever. No one really even seemed to notice except for one gentleman in Hobby Lobby who asked about it.
He's a former Ohio policeman from Clyde. He moved down here about two months ago with his wife. He saw me OC'ing and asked "I see that they changed the law recently so you can do that now."
And I said "Uh..No sir. You've always been able to do it. The law that changed on July 1st had to do with parks, etc..."
He didn't know that Indiana didn't discern between OC and CC.
He pulled out his Indiana LTCH and looked at it. (Four year one), and said "Really? I thought that it stated that it had to be concealed?"
We had a nice few moments of chatting while his wife went through the fabric sale...I directed him to this site and told him that it has a lot of good info and good people. He wrote down the addy and said that he would check it out.
No one seemed to really pay attention to the .45 on my side....Now if I could just get them to pay attention to safe driving habits...(almost had two accidents coming home today.....1: Old lady suddenly decided to stop at a green light; 2: Lady decided NOT to yield to oncoming traffic and tried to make a "quick left turn" when she was supposed to yield to oncoming traffic and then realized that "she couldn't make it" and then STOPPED in the intersection right in front of me...causing the squeal of brakes and an "OH ****!!!!" Moment....:shocker:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like you had a great first day!! And you got the chance to inform someone else about open carry and OCDO. And you didn't have any negative experiences. Sounds like a grand slam!!!!!! :)

Murphy

Definately! Plus I bought a Fobius double mag pouch at the local gun store for my two extra mags...and thank the man upstairs...Neither traffic incident became "an accident"....