• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastside Meet up 7/23

badkarma

Starbucks in Duvall(Across from Safeways. Not the one in Safeways).
14020 Main Street Northeast, Duvall, WA
8am
Who ever shows up first gets to pick the next date and location.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
You picked the day of the week and time that I go golf with the family :-(. I won't be able to make it. I suggest next time we meet on a Sunday or later on Saturday so I can make it :).

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Duvall East Side? Is there another Duvall in Washington State? How about West Side of Washington State. East Side we are talking the Spokane to Walla Walla Areas well lets not stop there Central Washington is around Wenatchee, Yakima, Tri-Cities areas.

Just a little joking and prodding! :D

CEM

New guy on the eastside

New guy to the group and new to firearms in general. I've been carrying a firearm concealed for about a year and go shooting from time to time but still am very novice to a lot of gun information, ect. Funny to think about it now but I used to be pretty anti gun and "liberal" thinking. My how things chance when you grow up a little (turning 30 soon). I'm still liberal in some ideas but I have really come to believe in the 2nd amendment and it is concerning that a gun can strike fear in so many people and some push easily for constitutional rights to be taken away. I have talked to some people who have commented on that a gun is just a tool, it's not a means to itself. I really believe in that and see how true that is.

Anyway, getting off topic of this thread. I've never open carried before but I do think it is a valuable tool in educating people on firearms. I hope to meet some you all and talk and learn some more about attitudes and such regarding firearms, open carry and the 2nd amendment.

Charles

hermannr

You have to remember "east side" means different things to different people....East side of the Cascades? East side of the State?....of I'm sorry, I know, you ment east side of the lake what-ya-ma-call-it....

Got to be east side of the Cascades to be any east at all, but then I'm considered "north central" go figure.

Kind of like where "Northwestern University" is...north west of where? NY?

BTW: anyone interested in dinner at Sully's n Loomis?

Last edited:

CEM

Two "eastsides"

You have to remember "east side" means different things to different people....East side of the Cascades? East side of the State?....of I'm sorry, I know, you ment east side of the lake what-ya-ma-call-it....

Got to be east side of the Cascades to be any east at all, but then I'm considered "north central" go figure.

Kind of like where "Northwestern University" is...north west of where? NY?

BTW: anyone interested in dinner at Sully's n Loomis?

I know that. I grew up in Wenatchee. I've moved over to Kirkland so I'm used to saying "Eastside" to mean east of Lake Washington.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I know that. I grew up in Wenatchee. I've moved over to Kirkland so I'm used to saying "Eastside" to mean east of Lake Washington.

Maybe it is some of that old liberal coming out lol, the forum is Washington State not Puget Sounds, Seattle ...
Often Washington is addressed as East and West Side of the Cascades and many in Washington address as indicated before as the State as a whole so West or even North Central to East, It sounds a little presumptuous Stating the East Side as being on the West side of the State.

Regardless hopefully there is a good turn out.

CEM

Maybe it is some of that old liberal coming out lol, the forum is Washington State not Puget Sounds, Seattle ...
Often Washington is addressed as East and West Side of the Cascades and many in Washington address as indicated before as the State as a whole so West or even North Central to East, It sounds a little presumptuous Stating the East Side as being on the West side of the State.

Regardless hopefully there is a good turn out.

Oh dear, my 1st post and I start a feud. J/k.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Oh dear, my 1st post and I start a feud. J/k.

It's all good, net really even your fault. The OP is the one that called the thread eastside. By the way welcome to OCDO. Do try to make it to some meets.

hermannr

Common way over here in North Central is "wet" side or "Dry" side. I lived on the "Wet" side long enough to know what the OP was speaking of, just couldn't resist.

CEM

It's all good, net really even your fault. The OP is the one that called the thread eastside. By the way welcome to OCDO. Do try to make it to some meets.

I would like to meet some people. I am finding it concerning how anti gun some people are.

And besides the political stuff, spending time on the range is fun. And while I only own 2 firearms right now I want more (I've heard people say it's addicting).

Last edited: