• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello All

randyj

Welcome!!

Ballistic Penguin,

Welcome to Independence, MO.!!!!

I too live in Independence. I haven't had any negative encounters with any LE while OC'ing. I mostly OC in Indep, Blue Springs, Lee's Summit and Liberty.

So Penguin...if I may be so bold as to ask....but what brings you to this part of the world? I look forward to meeting you soon and getting to know you!

Again...welcome...and most of all....if you have any questions about ANYTHING at all...please don't hesitate to throw em out here. There are a lot of very knowledgable folks on this forum who no doubt would be able to answer most if not all of your questions.

Randy

Ballistic Penguin

Thanks Randy! I actually came to visit a friend during my R&R from Iraq. I ended up liking it here so much that i stayed! people call me nuts all the time! lol Then to top it off i met my wife and recently got married so i am pretty much a bonafied Missouruh-an. Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading as much as i can and you guys all sound like knowledgeable and friendly people. cant wait to meet you all!

Marc

thanks randy! I actually came to visit a friend during my r&r from iraq. I ended up liking it here so much that i stayed! People call me nuts all the time! Lol then to top it off i met my wife and recently got married so i am pretty much a bonafied missouruh-an. Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading as much as i can and you guys all sound like knowledgeable and friendly people. Cant wait to meet you all!

welcome to the forum and welcome to missouri but us true natives are called missourians there is no uh in missouri thats only the uneducated that use the uh sound

kcgunfan

thank you peter! lol a Luau would be great but where are we gonna find a whole pig and a hole full of lava rock?

Getting the whole pig is cake. You can get those from just about any butcher. You are in one of the great BBQ capitals of the USA after all. Lava rock is a little harder though...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
there is no uh in missouri thats only the uneducated that use the uh sound

Nah, it is just the northerners and east coast pups that think it is a product of education, the rest of us know it just identifies Cubs and Yankee fans from the normal down home folks.

Even we know there is a ' mark in "that's" and you are supposed to capitalize a proper noun or name like Missouri, and that's with our backwards edumacation :)

Welcome penguin, say it however you want.

Ballistic Penguin

Nah, it is just the northerners and east coast pups that think it is a product of education, the rest of us know it just identifies Cubs and Yankee fans from the normal down home folks.

Even we know there is a ' mark in "that's" and you are supposed to capitalize a proper noun or name like Missouri, and that's with our backwards edumacation :)

Welcome penguin, say it however you want.

lol now now you two didnt mean to start a class war here! besides i hear everyone in here is packin heat! ;) thanks for the welcome!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
lol now now you two didnt mean to start a class war here! besides i hear everyone in here is packin heat! ;) thanks for the welcome!

Nah, sometimes this old hillbilly college educator just likes to stir the pot a bit to see how it smells, its a trick to see how the mash is doin so you have an idea of how good the shine will be tomorrow :)