Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 KC Area BBQ and location

8/20 KC Area BBQ and location

OK, So the August meet is going to fall on the 20th, which is the 3rd Saturday.
    We keep talking about a BBQ and I think its a splendid idea. We just need to set a location and tell everyone to show up.
    Unless someone wants to host the BBQ personally, my vote is Lake Jacomo in Lee's Summit. They have a bunch of benches and grills, and a nice lake view.
    I know there was some talk about wanting to combine a shoot and a BBQ but I just don't see us finding a good venue to host both. I say we set up the BBQ (weather permitting as it gets closer, have a backup just in case) and maybe earlier on in August those of us who want to do a shoot can set up a shoot.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I'd like to attend if possible!

sounds good to me, will need to get a list going soon, of who is bringing what.

Alright, the tentative location stands at Lake Jacomo.

http://www.jacksongov.org/filestorag...LakeJacomo.pdf

Just north of Colbern Rd., directly across the street from Jacomo campground by the water. It is on the south side of the lake.

http://www.jacksongov.org/content/32...7/default.aspx

Some pictures of our last BBQ @ Jacomo
    Last edited by ChiangShih; 07-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I'm definitely attending. That was a very nice place for BBQ. I've missed the last few meeting and need to catch up with the group.
    The God of War hates those who hesitate. - Euripides

Sounds like a great location. Now we need to hope for some reasonable temps!!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Great......Great location with shade If its early enough in the day I might be able to make this. Work is changing my schedule to weekends 1900 to 0800 Sat and Sun. hope to see you all there
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Unless my schedule changes as well I should be there. Hope to see a good number of people.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    I'll plan on attending with the wife and kids. I have a friend who does BBQ competitions and loves to smoke meat so if everyone wanted to chip in on the meat he could smoke us some ribs, brisquet, pulled pork etc. No charge to cook. Let me know what you think

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mmdkyoung123 View Post
    I'll plan on attending with the wife and kids. I have a friend who does BBQ competitions and loves to smoke meat so if everyone wanted to chip in on the meat he could smoke us some ribs, brisquet, pulled pork etc. No charge to cook. Let me know what you think

Mike
    That sounds good, but I kind of like manning the grill. Plus I plan to bring a couple less than traditional dishes.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Well depending on how many people are coming, we could probably use some extra food, at the very least it wouldn't hurt to have it.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by afcarry View Post
    Well depending on how many people are coming, we could probably use some extra food, at the very least it wouldn't hurt to have it.
    You may be right sir. What are you planning on bringing? You should defiantly bring the wife and kid (not to cook) as mine will be there and they need someone their age to distract them.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Masse View Post
    I'm definitely attending. That was a very nice place for BBQ. I've missed the last few meeting and need to catch up with the group.
    yea thomas we missed u we talked about u all the whole meet not in a good way tho lol jk

yes i will be there, the the BBQ ive been to, we have always brought food for a extra person, so if i bring 3 people i will bring enough for 4 people.
    We also need to get a list together of all what we will need and everyone pick
    something off that list so that nothing will be left out when we get there, cause it always seem like when im at a BBQ someone is running to the store cause there was something we didnt have
    Last edited by mobodyguard; 08-06-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Hey, can we get a sticky on this?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

hey is there a list off what people are bringing and who needs to bring what, dont wait for the last moment some of use need time.......

Quote Originally Posted by ComSec View Post
    hey is there a list off what people are bringing and who needs to bring what, dont wait for the last moment some of use need time.......
    Not yet but I say we start one! I'll compile the listed responses into one large post closer to the date.

I'll be bringing some Korean style short ribs, Hawaiian mac salad, and white rice (maybe cows tongue). Going for a yakiniku plate lunch deal.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Not yet but I say we start one! I'll compile the listed responses into one large post closer to the date.

I'll be bringing some Korean style short ribs, Hawaiian mac salad, and white rice (maybe cows tongue). Going for a yakiniku plate lunch deal.
    lol i'm thinking this is aimed at me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Penguin View Post
    lol i'm thinking this is aimed at me!
    Haha, yeah I figured you'd like that. This is also my wife's request, lol.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Unfortunately, The wife and I will not be attending. We will be getting our CCW's together with a group of friends down in Warsaw. Although the BBQ sounds fantastic. We can't wait to hear how the BBQ goes.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Well, lets get a roll call going with a list below this post! We are two weeks out.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Well, lets get a roll call going with a list below this post! We are two weeks out.
    I am going to try but our baby might be born today so i dunno yet!

Me, Wife and kids will be there
    I can bring Plates, cups, Plastic Ware & Napkins

I will not be there, just found out there will a new worker coming in and i have to train them. i cant wait to win the lottery. lol
    Last edited by mobodyguard; 08-07-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    GM. Decided they dint have enough cars and I have to work that sat now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast