• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8/20 KC Area BBQ and location

ChiangShih

OK, So the August meet is going to fall on the 20th, which is the 3rd Saturday.
We keep talking about a BBQ and I think its a splendid idea. We just need to set a location and tell everyone to show up.
Unless someone wants to host the BBQ personally, my vote is Lake Jacomo in Lee's Summit. They have a bunch of benches and grills, and a nice lake view.
I know there was some talk about wanting to combine a shoot and a BBQ but I just don't see us finding a good venue to host both. I say we set up the BBQ (weather permitting as it gets closer, have a backup just in case) and maybe earlier on in August those of us who want to do a shoot can set up a shoot.

ChiangShih

Alright, the tentative location stands at Lake Jacomo.

http://www.jacksongov.org/filestorage/3279/3763/LakeJacomo.pdf

Just north of Colbern Rd., directly across the street from Jacomo campground by the water. It is on the south side of the lake.

http://www.jacksongov.org/content/3279/3763/3767/default.aspx

253584_2099742379381_1420074999_32387265_5606155_n.jpg

249307_2099742579386_1420074999_32387266_5671185_n.jpg

248633_2099741499359_1420074999_32387261_3727835_n.jpg

Some pictures of our last BBQ @ Jacomo

Last edited:

Thomas Masse

I'm definitely attending. That was a very nice place for BBQ. I've missed the last few meeting and need to catch up with the group.

John563

Great......Great location with shade If its early enough in the day I might be able to make this. Work is changing my schedule to weekends 1900 to 0800 Sat and Sun. hope to see you all there

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I'll plan on attending with the wife and kids. I have a friend who does BBQ competitions and loves to smoke meat so if everyone wanted to chip in on the meat he could smoke us some ribs, brisquet, pulled pork etc. No charge to cook. Let me know what you think

Mike

ChiangShih

I'll plan on attending with the wife and kids. I have a friend who does BBQ competitions and loves to smoke meat so if everyone wanted to chip in on the meat he could smoke us some ribs, brisquet, pulled pork etc. No charge to cook. Let me know what you think

Mike

That sounds good, but I kind of like manning the grill. Plus I plan to bring a couple less than traditional dishes. :D

ChiangShih

Well depending on how many people are coming, we could probably use some extra food, at the very least it wouldn't hurt to have it.

You may be right sir. What are you planning on bringing? You should defiantly bring the wife and kid (not to cook) as mine will be there and they need someone their age to distract them.

mobodyguard

yes i will be there, the the BBQ ive been to, we have always brought food for a extra person, so if i bring 3 people i will bring enough for 4 people.
We also need to get a list together of all what we will need and everyone pick
something off that list so that nothing will be left out when we get there, cause it always seem like when im at a BBQ someone is running to the store cause there was something we didnt have

Last edited:

ChiangShih

hey is there a list off what people are bringing and who needs to bring what, dont wait for the last moment some of use need time.......

Not yet but I say we start one! I'll compile the listed responses into one large post closer to the date.

I'll be bringing some Korean style short ribs, Hawaiian mac salad, and white rice (maybe cows tongue). Going for a yakiniku plate lunch deal.

NG19

Unfortunately, The wife and I will not be attending. We will be getting our CCW's together with a group of friends down in Warsaw. Although the BBQ sounds fantastic. We can't wait to hear how the BBQ goes.