• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8/20 KC Area BBQ and location

ChiangShih

Well, lets get a roll call going with a list below this post! We are two weeks out.

mobodyguard

I will not be there, just found out there will a new worker coming in and i have to train them. i cant wait to win the lottery. lol

Last edited:

mobodyguard

Well i dont know about anyone else, but what a mighty God that i serve. Just found out that i dont have to work that weeked, so I will be there. Thank you Lord

ChiangShih

Well i dont know about anyone else, but what a mighty God that i serve. Just found out that i dont have to work that weeked, so I will be there. Thank you Lord

Woo! I thought this was going to be a dud but as long as no one else cancels we should have a pretty good turn out. So far if my count is correct 6/7 confirmed not including wives and the like, and I'm sure we will get a few more turning up who did not post a confirmation. Sounds like a nice little BBQ to me.

Jim40Cal

I plan to be there with wife and two children 15 & 6. Is this open to anyone? I have two sisters (with kids) who might like to come. I could bring there food. I could also bring whatever else may be needed. I'm on disability so money is scarce for this ole vet.

peterarthur

Woo! I thought this was going to be a dud but as long as no one else cancels we should have a pretty good turn out. So far if my count is correct 6/7 confirmed not including wives and the like, and I'm sure we will get a few more turning up who did not post a confirmation. Sounds like a nice little BBQ to me.

Well, I may bring 8 or 9 of my kids, doubling the size (don't worry, we will feed them :) )

I gotta check to see what the wife, "Girl Power" as one guy called her the other day, wants to bring and post it here.

DWCook

Activist Member
There is a strong possible chance that I can make it to this meet. Lee Summit isn't that far of a drive, maybe 40 min, but seeing that is next weekend and if work for me goes smooth with no issue then I will be coming to this BBQ.

phator

I would like to go but on the 17th I change schedules to only sun Mon off so if there is ever a meeting on those days ill be able to attend

Jim40Cal

Lake Jacoma picnic

So what do we do about the picnic? Do we each bring what we want to or is someone making up a list of things? What time do we arrive? Do we have a shelter house?

DWCook

Activist Member
Here is a list of information that is needed for this get together to be successful

. Location with address (Possibly a map printout with location circled)
. Time of the event
. Supplies for the event
. Other need to know information

basic layout on how how to plan this out correctly, also consider this is less than a week away.

ChiangShih

Alright!
As for the list of food its kind of BYOF at this point. I plan on providing some meat, mac salad, rice. ComSec said he would provide plates, cups, plastic ware, and napkins. I thought I saw someone mention they were going to bring some hot dogs and buns.

We are obviously going to need some brats and dogs and a few extra sides as well. Also if someone could bring some drinks that would be great.

If I missed anything it should be in this thread. Bring whatever you want to grill and we can put it on the table buffet style!

As for the location,
BBQMeet2.jpg

BBQMeet3.jpg

BBQMeet.jpg

Hopefully the maps help for location. We should be putting up a small "This way>" sign near the BBQ pits. The lake area is located off the Colbern RD. If you're heading north on 291 from Lee's Summit or any direction towards Lee's Summit from 470 you should see the NE Colbern RD Exit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Good luck and have lots of fun!!

Stickied it for you and inserted the date in the title - that always helps to generate interest.

ChiangShih

Just to let you guys know, I found a sign the other day that mentions firearms but I do not believe it prohibits OC. I have the picture I intended to upload but I am out of town right now and do not have my camera. The sign reads, roughly, "Firearms are prohibited unless permitted pursuant to Missouri law." OC is permitted pursuant to Missouri law. I've also OCed there multiple times and never had an issue.