Thread: Got training???

Got training???

I had the pleasure to meet and work with Calico Jack for a little one on one training. I have been to multiple conceal carry classes throughout the years and I have no problem expressing that the range experience that I had with Calico Jack was second to none.

I have been around firearms my whole life. When I was old enough to hold a gun in my hands they had one, so to say I have been around guns my whole life would be a understatement. I usually go to a range at least once a month to shoot off a couple hundred rounds and to stay fresh. With that said, what was instore for me at the range with Calico Jack would be something that I was not prepared for. He opened my eyes to a whole new dynamic of shooting and to very realistic situations that I have never trained for.

I ended up spending a hour or so at his home going over the basics of conceal carry, and when to use, and when not to use deadly force. We went relatively quick through this material just because of the knowledge that I already had, and so we could make more time for the range. We ended up spending about 2-3 hrs at the range, shot around 300rds, and it was INCREDIBLE! My mind was going a hundred miles an hour trying to implement all of the things that were being thrown at me; what to do.... how to draw the weapon.... proper way to hold.... judging targets and whats beyond.... It was alot more involved then standing in front of a target, taking your sweet ass time to squeeze one round off. This was real world moving, walking, drawing the firearm and shooting at multiple targets while in motion, and it was very stressfull at times but the real world knowledge and experience that Calico Jack has is mindo blowing. His patience and understanding is unreal.

I hope in the future that I will be able to attend some of his more advanced classes and I encourage all of you to look into meeting and training with him as well.

Calico Jack....... Thank You Very Much!

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know that it did you well. Just remember like we talked about, practice practice practice!!!

I know after taking those other classes it is a hard set of dynamics to get used to, but remember, that is just the "Intro" course. There is a lot left to learn, and even if you don't get it from me, I encourage you to get it from somewhere.

I actually just ran a 65 y/o woman through this course. Granted, it took a lot longer because of her being a new shooter, but you should see how confident she is with that .357 now. lol
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

THIS is what I wanted to see. More "atta boys" for CalicoJack. I can't WAIT to take a class with this guy. :-)
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

As soon as I am able to, I will be contacting him on some training. Training is good, good training is better.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Like I said, even if it is not with me, I encourage you to get the training somewhere. Thanks again for the kind words all.
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    As soon as I am able to, I will be contacting him on some training.
    Training is good, good training is better.
    Amen.
    And from all I hear, it's not just "good".

IT'S GOODER!

sorry. I'll shut up now.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Maybe it is even .... GOODEST....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I don't know about goodest, I was thinking more like

Exceptionally Acceptable!

Then again, I could improve it with Cheeseburgers!
    Calico Jack Defense

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    IT'S GOODER!

sorry. I'll shut up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Maybe it is even .... GOODEST....

Outdoorsman1
    what about gooderest, or goodester
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I don't know about goodest, I was thinking more like

Exceptionally Acceptable!

Then again, I could improve it with Cheeseburgers!

You had me at cheeseburgers.

I went through 40 cheeseburgers for the 4th of july. I usually have people stop by, but I also usually have them stop by after I have made all of the burgers. And all I got was one lousy cheeseburger. At least they didnt finish off the Jack Daniel's Mustard.
    Calico Jack Defense