• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got training???

BrewTownBagger

I had the pleasure to meet and work with Calico Jack for a little one on one training. I have been to multiple conceal carry classes throughout the years and I have no problem expressing that the range experience that I had with Calico Jack was second to none.

I have been around firearms my whole life. When I was old enough to hold a gun in my hands they had one, so to say I have been around guns my whole life would be a understatement. I usually go to a range at least once a month to shoot off a couple hundred rounds and to stay fresh. With that said, what was instore for me at the range with Calico Jack would be something that I was not prepared for. He opened my eyes to a whole new dynamic of shooting and to very realistic situations that I have never trained for.

I ended up spending a hour or so at his home going over the basics of conceal carry, and when to use, and when not to use deadly force. We went relatively quick through this material just because of the knowledge that I already had, and so we could make more time for the range. We ended up spending about 2-3 hrs at the range, shot around 300rds, and it was INCREDIBLE! My mind was going a hundred miles an hour trying to implement all of the things that were being thrown at me; what to do.... how to draw the weapon.... proper way to hold.... judging targets and whats beyond.... It was alot more involved then standing in front of a target, taking your sweet ass time to squeeze one round off. This was real world moving, walking, drawing the firearm and shooting at multiple targets while in motion, and it was very stressfull at times but the real world knowledge and experience that Calico Jack has is mindo blowing. His patience and understanding is unreal.

I hope in the future that I will be able to attend some of his more advanced classes and I encourage all of you to look into meeting and training with him as well.

Calico Jack....... Thank You Very Much! :)

CalicoJack10

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know that it did you well. Just remember like we talked about, practice practice practice!!!

I know after taking those other classes it is a hard set of dynamics to get used to, but remember, that is just the "Intro" course. There is a lot left to learn, and even if you don't get it from me, I encourage you to get it from somewhere.

I actually just ran a 65 y/o woman through this course. Granted, it took a lot longer because of her being a new shooter, but you should see how confident she is with that .357 now. lol

Mlutz

THIS is what I wanted to see. More "atta boys" for CalicoJack. I can't WAIT to take a class with this guy. :)

protias

As soon as I am able to, I will be contacting him on some training. Training is good, good training is better. :)

CalicoJack10

Like I said, even if it is not with me, I encourage you to get the training somewhere. Thanks again for the kind words all.

CalicoJack10

I don't know about goodest, I was thinking more like

Exceptionally Acceptable!

Then again, I could improve it with Cheeseburgers!

CalicoJack10

I went through 40 cheeseburgers for the 4th of july. I usually have people stop by, but I also usually have them stop by after I have made all of the burgers. And all I got was one lousy cheeseburger. At least they didnt finish off the Jack Daniel's Mustard.