• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was asked to leave A club meeting

Red Ryder

Evidently, not all prospecting clubs are the same.

Evidently, not all prospecting clubs are the same. As an instructor, I was invited by one of my students to speak at his prospecting club about firearm laws and carrying firearm. The presentation was well recieved. They actually seemed quite knowledgeable about firearms and gun issues. I had a hunch. I asked how many carry a firearm when they are out prospecting and just about everyone of them raised their hand.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
1911er,

If you have a moment could you answer some of the questions posed in this thread? Mainly wht is the process for a board decision and can you appeal it? I know you answered a bit by sayin it was caused by a board member change. Does your club not have formal rules? Boards of Directors are typically elected. Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:

1911er

1911er,

If you have a moment could you answer some of the questions posed in this thread? Mainly wht is the process for a board decision and can you appeal it? I know you answered a bit by sayin it was caused by a board member change. Does your club not have formal rules? Boards of Directors are typically elected. Thanks and good luck.

The only people that are elected to the board are the" clique members" and If they want A new law passed they say that" only the board has to vote because it has to do with the saftey of the club"or it has to do with keeping the land lord happy

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
This is similar to Paul Bunyan Shooting Range in Puyallup which I was a member for a couple years be they prohibited carrying firearms in the Club House which included meetings and events.

It is amazing how they and other express their freedom and rights but are the first to violate them, it is a shame.

Red Ryder

Interesting. Were they all OCing while prospecting?

Some OC and others CC. They use some expensive equipment and have concerns about getting themelves, their gear or their cars ripped off. Most were concerned with the 2-legged predators and some with the 4-legged ones.

HankT

State Researcher
I had a similar experience with my American Legion Post. A guest of mine OCed into the post and the next month it was voted that no firearms are allowed in the post. I have been a Son of the AL for 17 years and have not been back since, my membership expires in January and I will not renew . . .

So, you did not OC at the post? Why not?

Lovenox

Maybe we should start our own club where by firearms are mandatory? I bought an Xterra Minelab some months back and been itchin' to take it out...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
So, you did not OC at the post? Why not?
When I go I usually have a drink or two. My friend didn't drink alcohol when he OCed there. Funny the posts rational was that they were not afraid of the OCer but that one of the members will get drunk and grab the gun away and start shooting up the place.:eek:

Packer fan

Yea thats what I said. Half the people that voted all carry concealed but think guns should be hidden.

I'm just curious to know if the ones that CC carry complained because they don't think people should OC?

Many books, magazines, and such tell how it's a tactical advantage to CC so they get scared knowing that someone OC. or is it that like said before out of sight out of mind mentality?

Again not arguing what is better OC or CC I have just have found many CC anti-OC more than people who don't carry and are scared of the fact people OC. Since they don't think they should OC then you should either.