• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fair Oaks DMV Security Treatment of Hunter45

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Not pursue it??????

Several folks (peter nap, Citizen, TBSD, grapeshot, user, etc., have chimed in above that the guard needs to be held accountable for his actions. He "needs to be slapped down," according to one person.

Did you tell the guard anything about his action of "going for his gun?" Were any words spoken between you two?

There may be some video that will totally support your position.

Letting the guy off does not seem like a great decision.

+1

Hunter45, do NOT let this go.

I go to that DMV, and when I do I carry. I need to go there soon, in fact.

I really don't want to be shot by a security guard who goes for his gun whenever he feels the urge.

That guy is a danger to your fellow citizens. Please do something about it; you are the only one in a position to!

epilogue

+1

Hunter45, do NOT let this go.

I go to that DMV, and when I do I carry. I need to go there soon, in fact.

I really don't want to be shot by a security guard who goes for his gun whenever he feels the urge.

That guy is a danger to your fellow citizens. Please do something about it; you are the only one in a position to!

'Zat mean you're back in town, or still kinda in between VA and Cali?

Pagan

Wow, this whole situation could have really been a nightmare,had hunter45 been carrying. Seeing somebody come towards me while unstrapping their weapon, probably would have sent my brain screaming for action; fortunately hunter45 can take some legal action, or atleast make DMV aware of this guy.

BillHoo

This reminds me of a time when I was working at the Pentagon.

I was getting off the night shift and headed to my car.

Some guy was walking toward the Pentagon near one of the big shrubbery filled concrete barriers. He pulled out a stick of gum and tossed the wrapper into the barrier.

A Pentagon police car immediately slams on the brakes and an officer comes out, hand on his holster and demands of the gum-chewer "HALT! What did you throw in there! WHAT DID YOU THROW IN THERE!!" POINTING TO THE SHRUBBERY.

The guy is totally bewildered and says, "I just threw a gum wrapper."

The cop yells "PICK IT UP!! PICK IT UP NOW!!!!!" The whole time he has his hand on his firearm."

They guy goes back and pulls the gum wrapper out of the barrier and they engage in verbal conversation.

I just kept going.

Didn't want to be part of that!

Just wanted to go home and sleep!

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Don't have that guard charged with a crime!!!

People who are in jail or who lose their job because of a criminal conviction can't pay you money damages!!!

Sue the ba*tard - what he did gave you and your mom, both, the apprehension of an immediate battery. You had reason to believe that your life was being threatened as that guard loosened his firearm and prepared to draw against you. That's all it takes. Assault is creating the belief, through one's actions, that he is about to "batter" you. Battery is the "unprivileged, offensive, touching of the person of another without cause, justification or excuse."

Assault = offer to touch
battery = touching

I'd say that this qualifies for some serious damages, even in Fairfax County. And the guard's employer (Securiguard by any chance?) is also liable because he was acting within the scope of his employment.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
People who are in jail or who lose their job because of a criminal conviction can't pay you money damages!!!

Sue the ba*tard - what he did gave you and your mom, both, the apprehension of an immediate battery. You had reason to believe that your life was being threatened as that guard loosened his firearm and prepared to draw against you. That's all it takes. Assault is creating the belief, through one's actions, that he is about to "batter" you. Battery is the "unprivileged, offensive, touching of the person of another without cause, justification or excuse."

Assault = offer to touch
battery = touching

I'd say that this qualifies for some serious damages, even in Fairfax County. And the guard's employer (Securiguard by any chance?) is also liable because he was acting within the scope of his employment.

TheEggman

This reminds me of a time when I was working at the Pentagon.
[...]
Some guy was walking toward the Pentagon near one of the big shrubbery filled concrete barriers. He pulled out a stick of gum and tossed the wrapper into the barrier.
[...]
The cop yells "PICK IT UP!! PICK IT UP NOW!!!!!" The whole time he has his hand on his firearm."

Was the cop justified? After all, he saw a Gum Control law being broken. (sorry):eek:

627PCFan

Can someone give me a description of the security guard? I know "a" security guard that works at the DMV at Fair Oaks. Apparently he was hired in the May timeframe. After reading this thread I went back through his facebook to see if there was any mention of the incident on his wall posts (regularly posts, sometimes TMI IMO). Info would be appreciated. Also type of holster and gun could narrow it down.