• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coeur d'Alene going to the dogs?

ColeMD17

TWO NIGHTS in a ROW I've witness a random fight, here in Coeur d'Alene!:shocker: Last night at Jamms, and tonight on Sherman while riding home on my motorcycle! Also, in the past year, every car on my mother's street (my street too, at the time) got broken into, There have been several thefts reported in my current apartment complex, and two more of my co-workers' cars got broken into! (literally broken, smashed window and all) Let's not forget to mention the TWO times my former co-worker (he works at another restaurant, now) has been randomly assaulted by total strangers! once at applebee's and once at Icon! ALL this in just the past year, and I'm probably forgetting to mention a thing or two. now, I know crime happens every day, but in a town like this, I don't think it's normal for just one average guy to have this many stories, or witness accounts, or whatever. I feel like it's only a matter of time til I'm next! Go out at night without my pistol?:eek: YEAH, RIGHT!

Anybody in the Coeur d'Alene area, I'd definitely suggest the same for you. (and I know I'm preaching to the choir, here, but...) Whether you CC just for personal defense, or OC as a deterrent, definitely don't go out without your weapon. Coeur d'Alene ain't exactly as safe as a baby's cradle anymore, sadly :uhoh:

DocWalker

TWO NIGHTS in a ROW I've witness a random fight, here in Coeur d'Alene!:shocker: Last night at Jamms, and tonight on Sherman while riding home on my motorcycle! Also, in the past year, every car on my mother's street (my street too, at the time) got broken into, There have been several thefts reported in my current apartment complex, and two more of my co-workers' cars got broken into! (literally broken, smashed window and all) Let's not forget to mention the TWO times my former co-worker (he works at another restaurant, now) has been randomly assaulted by total strangers! once at applebee's and once at Icon! ALL this in just the past year, and I'm probably forgetting to mention a thing or two. now, I know crime happens every day, but in a town like this, I don't think it's normal for just one average guy to have this many stories, or witness accounts, or whatever. I feel like it's only a matter of time til I'm next! Go out at night without my pistol?:eek: YEAH, RIGHT!

Anybody in the Coeur d'Alene area, I'd definitely suggest the same for you. (and I know I'm preaching to the choir, here, but...) Whether you CC just for personal defense, or OC as a deterrent, definitely don't go out without your weapon. Coeur d'Alene ain't exactly as safe as a baby's cradle anymore, sadly :uhoh:

I wonder if there is a connection between 15 years ago and when all the Californian's moved up there. I used to live in Spokane and would tell everyone moving into the area with California plates that Spokane was a waste-land compared to the heaven in North Idaho....

ColeMD17

I wonder if there is a connection between 15 years ago and when all the Californian's moved up there. I used to live in Spokane and would tell everyone moving into the area with California plates that Spokane was a waste-land compared to the heaven in North Idaho....

I think that's it, dude. That actually totally reminds me of like, 3 months ago when I was at Top This with two friends, and saw these three gangbangers (Looked like Crips. All had blue bandanas in various places, but all three of them each had one in their left back pocket. one of 'em actually wearing one of his bandanas like a mask, covering his face) walk across the parking lot to the Albertson's gas station/convenience store. the masked guy went in, and the two others stayed outside with their heads kind of on a swivel.:uhoh: I wasn't carrying at that time cause I had just come from school, but it gave me and my friends the chills.

Speaking of crips, yet ANOTHER one of my co-workers had a problem with her daughter starting to get involved in a Crip gang! WTH!? she got out of that, luckily, before she got too deep.

Oh, and let's not forget the STABBING at Woodland Middle School several months back, and the stabbing, like A WEEK LATER at, I think Lakes middle school! Holy crap!

...Though, to a degree, we can probably chalk those up to isolated incidents. you know. kids just being dumb kids :-/

Last edited:

Vandal

We are seeing a stronger influence in gang activity in N. Idaho and E. Washington. It has been going on for a while now but mostly under the radar. The primary cause is the California and Nevada visitors during the summer. You can watch property and violent crime rise in the late spring and fall when school starts up again. My former landlord was a gang cop in Spokane and most of the bangers we see up here are wannabes with most of the hardcore guys laying low because they wanted to leave that life. In our area, they aren't as much concerned with turf but money. Specifically money from the drug trade.

The wannabes are the worst, IMO, because they think they have something to prove. How tough, how mean, violent etc.

The media tries very hard to downplay the gang population, esp. in CdA because they don't want to ruin the resort town idea.

Here are a couple of interesting websites for you to look through.

http://www.nwgangs.com/

http://www.idahogangs.com/
Run by Idaho Dept. of Corrections

Last edited:

Robin47

Many of the "Californians" who moved up in the Coeur d' Alene area of Idaho were retired LEO's.
Its not the Californians who cause your problems, its the Gangs who have taken over a lot
of the country.
My home state Iowa has the same problems in the bigger towns.
So hating Californians, is not the problem.
Many who have moved to Idaho and Montana, are just looking for a free state to live in and
OC with out LEO's bugging them daily.
Many pro-gun guys have left California for that very reason, and remember they also vote to
protect your gun rights there in Idaho now.
Carry on !
Robin47 :)

ColeMD17

Many of the "Californians" who moved up in the Coeur d' Alene area of Idaho were retired LEO's.
Its not the Californians who cause your problems, its the Gangs who have taken over a lot
of the country.
My home state Iowa has the same problems in the bigger towns.
So hating Californians, is not the problem.
Many who have moved to Idaho and Montana, are just looking for a free state to live in and
OC with out LEO's bugging them daily.
Many pro-gun guys have left California for that very reason, and remember they also vote to
protect your gun rights there in Idaho now.
Carry on !
Robin47 :)

That's true. I'm not hating on Californians, see, I'm hating on gangbangers. Many of whom originate in California, but that fact is inconsequential. Though I do have a problem with the anti-gun Californians that come up here and dilute our pro-gun population. Don't kid yourself, Idaho attracts those kinds of Californians, too! Seriously, how could anyone not like Idaho? It's gorgeous, inexpensive, no tornadoes, tsunamis, OR earthquakes, and best of all, we're pretty damn free here!

Okay, well, maybe our winters kinda suck....

And I guess if you're gay, the whole "sodomy is illegal" thing is a bit of a problem...

Last edited:

Steve1975

That's true. I'm not hating on Californians, see, I'm hating on gangbangers. Many of whom originate in California, but that fact is inconsequential. Though I do have a problem with the anti-gun Californians that come up here and dilute our pro-gun population. Don't kid yourself, Idaho attracts those kinds of Californians, too! Seriously, how could anyone not like Idaho? It's gorgeous, inexpensive, no tornadoes, tsunamis, OR earthquakes, and best of all, we're pretty damn free here!

Okay, well, maybe our winters kinda suck....

And I guess if you're gay, the whole "sodomy is illegal" thing is a bit of a problem...

Not that it really matters to me, but in Lawrence & Garner v. State of Texas, on June 26, 2003 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that all sodomy laws in America are unconstitutional, and unenforceable when applied to non-commercial consenting adults in private.

The Decision can be found at http://www.supremecourt.gov

Last edited: