• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So....What cha doin say Aug 3rd?

M

McX

We all know what is going on with our Government right now. And were all watching. A total embarrassment that both parties would look to the despised Tea Party for an answer on how to right this country again. If they dont get things straightened out....anyone doing any advanced planning for themselves? I'm not talking about what you already have laid in for zombie attack, or the like, in the coming days, is anyone advancing their security level(s) to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best?

if things go badly Aug 3rd i'll be sitting in a lawnchair, tossing Obama dollars on the fire, maintaining security over my territories.

GLock by then will have annexed most of Northern Wisconsin

XDFE will be out on a zombie hunt

what cha going to do?

otter

It ain't gonna come crashing down that quickly, gentlemen.

I am on a heightened level of alert, but not much more than usual. As it is, our society hangs on a very fine thread; major widespread disruption of the supply chain can bring the house of cards down at any moment. Unfortunately, I'm not independently wealthy, so I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be. I will wager to say I'm better off than most unaware sheep, but that's not really saying much

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

As always, I will be maintaining my perimeters that cover my abode in western Kenosha County. As one of my borders is waterfront, I (as always) will be on call with a properly loaded non-handgun firearm and plenty of ammo, at the ready, to take to the waters if necessary. I will have my guard dog (small wire haired terrier) on high alert with my situational awareness level on high. I will also be able to cover all borders as I am confident one of my newly acquired (firearm friendly) lady friends will be with me to help repel any unwanted intruders. There (as always) will be a multiple variety of firearms (as well as hand to hand combat weapons (knives as a nice battle ax) to choose from based on the totality of the circumstances that might call for different weapons per different situations. I (we) will of course be incognito to blend in as a “regular” day by cooking on the grill, doing some yard work, etc., (to give any potential intruders a false sense of security) while in reality I will be ready to strike at the first sign of impending danger….

No wait… I just looked at the calendar; Aug. 3 is a Wednesday…..I will be at work…

Never mind.

Outdoorsman1

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Defcon 1??

I agree with you guys. I think open carry will become permanent with many more people than what are currently open carrying today. If the country goes into CHAOS mode I will be open carrying my high capacity PPS-43 as well as my holstered handgun. I'm not sure what handgun I will be open carrying but it has to be big in cartridge size and high capacity too. Maybe an XD in 45? High capacity Taurus in .45? Thompson A-5 pistol with 100 round drum magazine in .45?

Ah...the choices!

Falling Skies anyone?

Carry on!

protias

I agree with you guys. I think open carry will become permanent with many more people than what are currently open carrying today. If the country goes into CHAOS mode I will be open carrying my high capacity PPS-43 as well as my holstered handgun. I'm not sure what handgun I will be open carrying but it has to be big in cartridge size and high capacity too. Maybe an XD in 45? High capacity Taurus in .45? Thompson A-5 pistol with 100 round drum magazine in .45?

Ah...the choices!

Falling Skies anyone?

Carry on!

XD45 4" is a fine handgun. ;) :D

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
once the welfare checks stop showing up, the Entitled will riot, cities will burn , the Gang mentality will be looting & decent folk will be gunning them down. It will be ugly & bloody. I am ready, let the chips fall where they will.

M

McX

once the welfare checks stop showing up, the Entitled will riot, cities will burn , the Gang mentality will be looting & decent folk will be gunning them down. It will be ugly & bloody. I am ready, let the chips fall where they will.

or perhapse Glock, you would say: let the (empty) mags fall where they may. once it's over i will have to come up to visit the new territory of GlockLand.

Outdoorsman1

Ah...the choices!

Falling Skies anyone?

Carry on!

If the country goes in "CHAOS mode", I will hunker down in my amplely armed and secured fortress (my home)... If I did have to venture out, I would be open carrying either my SKS w/sling and 30 rd. Mag(s) or my VMAC-10 (.45 Cal. w/ 30 round Mag, along with my XD -40, fully loaded with a few extra Mags. and oh yea, my ample "Pig Sticker" Bowie Knife sheathed to my leg. The lady friend (if nessesity dictated her coming along) would be carrying either the MAC-10, or my beloved "Home Protectioin Unit" Mossberg Preditor Tactical 12 Ga. W/ shoulder sling, folding stock, short barrel, heat sheild, mag lite, and of course a ammo belt (or two) with plenty of extra shells ranging from 00 Buckshot to 12 Ga. Slugs....and oh yea..she would also carry the Glock 27 .40 Cal. with 3 or 4 extra Mags.. she is not into bladed weapons.....

Of course all of the above would depend on the level of chaos.... and...

Disclaimer:... All of the above are taken directly from my dreams and would be reality ONLY IF I had such weapons...

Edited to Add.... "high capacity PPS-43"...Excellent choice...

"Thompson A-5 pistol with 100 round drum magazine in .45?"....
NOW THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKIN ABOUT.... EXCELLENT firearm...beautiful classic lines, plenty of firepower, IF it was in the budget I WOULD OWN ONE..... If you ever need a kidney or left one, let me know... we could trade....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Interesting Choices!

If the country goes in "CHAOS mode", I will hunker down in my amplely armed and secured fortress (my home)... If I did have to venture out, I would be open carrying either my SKS w/sling and 30 rd. Mag(s) or my VMAC-10 (.45 Cal. w/ 30 round Mag, along with my XD -40, fully loaded with a few extra Mags. and oh yea, my ample "Pig Sticker" Bowie Knife sheathed to my leg. The lady friend (if nessesity dictated her coming along) would be carrying either the MAC-10, or my beloved "Home Protectioin Unit" Mossberg Preditor Tactical 12 Ga. W/ shoulder sling, folding stock, short barrel, heat sheild, mag lite, and of course a ammo belt (or two) with plenty of extra shells ranging from 00 Buckshot to 12 Ga. Slugs....and oh yea..she would also carry the Glock 27 .40 Cal. with 3 or 4 extra Mags.. she is not into bladed weapons.....

Of course all of the above would depend on the level of chaos.... and...

Disclaimer:... All of the above are taken directly from my dreams and would be reality ONLY IF I had such weapons...

Edited to Add.... "high capacity PPS-43"...Excellent choice...

"Thompson A-5 pistol with 100 round drum magazine in .45?"....
NOW THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKIN ABOUT.... EXCELLENT firearm...beautiful classic lines, plenty of firepower, IF it was in the budget I WOULD OWN ONE..... If you ever need a kidney or left one, let me know... we could trade....

Outdoorsman1

After the initial CHAOS I will enter my secret "Batman" cave under the city and watch "Falling Skies" reruns until the zombie apocalypse is over. Then I will venture out in my Bat Copter and visit Outdoorsman. I like the idea of living by a lake!

:) :)

oliverclotheshoff

i think mlutz and can cover mauston

you take north of the tracks and ill take the south half what do ya say

Last edited:
M

McX

i can see the headlines now: Government defaults on debt, cities plunge into chaos, Open Carriers aid Police in restoring order.

protias

i can see the headlines now: Government defaults on debt, cities plunge into chaos, Open Carriers aid Police in restoring order.

I'd be surprised if most police show up for work instead of protecting what's at home.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

If the EVENT happened, the police would not last long against 10,000 plus heavily armed entitlement welfare people & Gang Demographic..mOst police would go home to protect their families, I actually was talking with one area officer a few months back about "what if's" he told me that a bunch of the area cops have a Bug out location well stocked
& provisioned about 30 minutes north of Green Bay if things get real bad...they are not stupid & know that if Chaos was the new rule of the day they would be Gone..why stay with a sinking ship.

Last edited:
M

McX

I'd be surprised if most police show up for work instead of protecting what's at home.

good point; rewrite that to read Open Carriers restore order.

password?! Glock has a password? i was going to use; dont shoot me Glock, i'm with the band!

and do tell, what is the special day in your district?

Big River Leather

My soon to be deployed claymores should provide adequate protection for the home base. Just in case the Aimpoint will have fresh batteries and the stacks of 30rd mags will be at the ready. Night vision gear will be a must as I will only be venturing out at night for resupply.

Things are going to get interesting. Get Some!

images