• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So....What cha doin say Aug 3rd?

HandyHamlet

There's a county mounty in the middle at the 7-5 mile marker and a break check for a UFO on shoulder at the 8-3 marker. After that you can drop the hammer down. Catch ya on the flip flop.

oak1971

10-4 good buddy.

I asked the girls there how the voting was going. They stared blankly at me. I don't think there has been any kind of a turnout at all.

I was #75 at 4:00pm. They asked for my ID and I replied, "About time you started checking!" They were not amused.

HandyHamlet

#122 around 5:30.

Hey, Kris Kristofferson stole my avatard!

[video=youtube;Fnl4Y-nYdJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnl4Y-nYdJE[/video]

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
They Asked For ID? Not Legal Until The 2012 Elections To Ask For ID.

I was #75 at 4:00pm. They asked for my ID and I replied, "About time you started checking!" They were not amused.

I voted first thing yesterday morning. No one asked for my ID or anyone else's ID that were in line to vote. The law doesn't go into effect until next year for ID.

IcrewUH60

I feel a little late to the party.... but

I, and my family (and maybe the damn dog) will be bugging out to Texas. Should make for an interesting drive.

Wife: "What do you mean I can't fit another suitcase in here?"
Me:" Are you Effin kidding me, I already told you; Guns, Ammo, Silver, Water, Food....ummm fishing gear, in that order. Let's move!"

Although northern Wisconsin has nice lakes to "retire" on... :D

paul@paul-fisher.com

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
True. They Can Ask But No One Has To Have An ID Yet To Vote.

According to the GAB, they are supposed to ask starting 7/1 but not required until the spring 2012 election.

http://gab.wi.gov/elections-voting/photo-id

The forms were on the table with the guys sitting there holding the "voters" books. No one asked for ID but I did see the new law printed on a stack of forms sitting on the same table explaining that in 2012 ID will be required to vote.

One guy in line to vote was wearing a "Steitz" T-Shirt and one of the women working there told him he couldn't wear it. He blasted her good and so did three other people who worked there. He told her she wanted to violate his 1st Amendment right to free speech and he would sue her if she tried to have him removed. Oh...I loved it.

People are sick and tired of having their rights trampled on!

Big Dipper

She was probably correct though!

12.03(2)(a)1.
1. No person may engage in electioneering during polling hours on election day at a polling place.

12.03(2)(b)1.
1. No person may engage in electioneering during polling hours on any public property on election day within 100 feet of an entrance to a building containing a polling place.

12.03(4)
(4) In this section, "electioneering" means any activity which is intended to influence voting at an election.

No signs, no buttons, no pamphlets and probably no shirts hawking one candidate or another.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
All That Was On It Was One Word "Steitz".

She was probably correct though!

No signs, no buttons, no pamphlets and probably no shirts hawking one candidate or another.

More and more "laws" are made to prohibit our Liberties on a daily basis. I was proud to witness the event. I am sure that if someone were wearing a union t-shirt or ACORN or Obama or Wirch shirt or anything similar not one word would have been said against wearing it.

Besides, "Steitz" could be anyone or anything.

Outdoorsman1

More and more "laws" are made to prohibit our Liberties on a daily basis. I was proud to witness the event. I am sure that if someone were wearing a union t-shirt or ACORN or Obama or Wirch shirt or anything similar not one word would have been said against wearing it.

Besides, "Steitz" could be anyone or anything.

Especially seeins how "Steitz" was a candidate with his name on the ballot...

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
A Word On A Shirt Is Not Political Speech.

It didn't say "Vote for....". It's one word guys. We are getting way too wrapped up in little things and applying LAWS and RULES to EVERYTHING. Really? So every time a person puts on a specific article of clothing that person has to go through a list of rules or laws he or she may be violating?

Next time I vote I will be wearing my "XXX candidate" hat with my "XXX candidate" shirt with my "XXX candidate" shoes holding a King James Bible (LARGE EDITION) with the print on the Bible facing outward. Oh, and if legal how about open carrying my 1911 while voting. That should be interesting.

Outdoorsman1

Yea... not related but a while back I heard about a judge somewhere that put a female in jail for contempt for wearing a offensive (to the judge) tee shirt in her courtroom...

Sorry long time ago.. no link...and no time right now for google search...

Outdoorsman1

ETA... Ok ok ok.... how long does a google search take... not long...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/05/suburban-woman-jailed-ove_n_565014.html

Happened in IL... go figure....

Last edited:

Big Dipper

Next time I vote I will be wearing my "XXX candidate" hat with my "XXX candidate" shirt with my "XXX candidate" shoes holding a King James Bible (LARGE EDITION) with the print on the Bible facing outward. Oh, and if legal how about open carrying my 1911 while voting. That should be interesting.

Geez, don't stop there. BHO and his goon the AG didn't think this was illegal either. ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/29/charges-new-black-panthers-dropped-obama-justice-dept/

The three black panthers, Minister King Samir Shabazz, Malik Zulu Shabazz and Jerry Jackson were charged in a civil complaint in the final days of the Bush administration with violating the voter rights act by using coercion, threats and intimidation.