• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA-ILA Right To Carry Workshops Across WI - I'm going to Baldwin 7/24

Big River Leather

Got an invitation in the mail and via email for these workshops for the new Right to Carry legislation. In addition to that is sounds like there will be discussion on how we can support our legislators that are currently up for "re-election" in the recall elections. Here is a copy of the email I received. I'm going to attend the session in Baldwin WI on Friday, July 24. I would like to OC, I would think this is an OC friendly event.

Any one else plan on going to this one?

Right to Carry a Reality in Wisconsin!
Find out more at our upcoming briefing!

Attend FREE Workshop to learn about the Wisconsin Right-to Carry legislation recently-signed by Governor Scott Walker.

During this workshop you will also learn about how you can support the Senators who supported Right-to-Carry during the upcoming recall election.

Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:

With Governor Walker’s signing of the Personal Protection Act on Friday July 8, residents of the Badger State will finally have the ability to defend themselves and their families by carrying a concealed firearm for self defense.

In advance of the new law taking effect, NRA-ILA headquarters staff is hosting a series of workshops to provide you with information on what you need to do to obtain your permit and what this new law allows you to do.

NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative Nate Nelson will also be in attendance to brief you on volunteer opportunities for the upcoming recall election. We need your help to support the Senators who helped make Right-to-Carry a reality in Wisconsin!

We have won a major battle with the enactment of the Personal Protection Act but there is much more to accomplish in the fight for your firearms freedom. The future of other legislative priorities such as the Castle Doctrine is completely dependent on the outcome of this summer’s recall elections. You can help make the difference!

These workshops are absolutely free and beverages and light snacks will be provided. Each workshop will run about 60-90 minutes. Please make plans to attend one of our events and encourage your fellow NRA members and Second Amendment supporters to attend as well!

Please plan on attending one of these upcoming workshops!

Here are the details:

Milwaukee (Richfield)
Monday, July 18th
6:30 p.m.
Cabela’s
One Cabela Way
Richfield,WI 53076
(262) 628-5700
http://www.nraila.org/workshops/Register.aspx?ID=Richfield_WI2011

Fond Du Lac
Tuesday, July 19th
Ramada Plaza
1 N. Main St.
Fond Du Lac, WI 54935
(920) 923-3000
http://www.nraila.org/workshops/Register.aspx?ID=FondDuLacWI2011

Seymour
Thursday, July 21st
Doxbees’ Banquet & Buffet
N6744 County Hwy. C
Seymour, WI 54165
(920) 833-2924
http://www.nraila.org/workshops/Register.aspx?ID=SeymourWI2011

Baldwin
Friday, July 22
The Orchard Restaurant, Sports Bar & Banquet Facility
(In “The Barn”)
571 Hwy. 63
Baldwin, WI 54002
(715) 688-6666
http://www.nraila.org/workshops/Register.aspx?ID=BaldwinWI2011

To register for one of these free events, please visit the link under the location closest to you, or call the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).

We look forward to seeing you!

Yours in freedom,

NRA Institute for Legislative Action
www.nraila.org

Outdoorsman1

I am not sure but I kinda remeber that the NRA PRE SB93 Vote Events were not OC friendly (Cabela's north of Milwaukee).... I could be wrong on that...????

I guess I have already learned most of what I need to know about the new law through this fine website... unless of course the NRA's own "Personal Protectioin Act" is different from our signed, sealed, and soon to be delivered Concealed Carry Bill... (slight sarcasum @ NRA button off).....

Besides, I already missed the one in my area, Milwaukee....on the 18th...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Big River Leather

I think I'm just as interested in attending to learn what I can do to support my Senator (Sheila Harsdorf) during the recall election since she supported CCW legislation (though I don't believe she supported Constitutional Carry). She/They fought for us, no I feel I need to do the same to keep that GDC Sheila Moore Out of office.

Peacekeeper

I am not sure but I kinda remeber that the NRA PRE SB93 Vote Events were not OC friendly (Cabela's north of Milwaukee).... I could be wrong on that...????

I guess I have already learned most of what I need to know about the new law through this fine website... unless of course the NRA's own "Personal Protectioin Act" is different from our signed, sealed, and soon to be delivered Concealed Carry Bill... (slight sarcasum @ NRA button off).....

Besides, I already missed the one in my area, Milwaukee....on the 18th...

Outdoorsman1

Many WCI members open carried at these events at Cabalas.

Cabelas IS an OC/CC friendly business.

Pyro01

I might end up going to the Baldwin one as well, kind of depends what I'm doing that day and when I get off of work. If I do go, I hope to see you guys there.

Outdoorsman1

Many WCI members open carried at these events at Cabalas.

Cabelas IS an OC/CC friendly business.

Oh ok... like I said, I was not sure... Could be wrong....

Maybe I was thinking that when we first heard about those meetings we were wondering if we could OC or not.....

Oh well, they say that the memory is the first thing to go.... Thank God for that.....

Outdoorsman1

Big River Leather

OC is allowed...

I called The Orchard Restaurant, Sports Bar & Banquet Facility and spoke with Mary the manager. I asked if she allowed legally carried sidearms to which she immediately replied I do. :D The one condition is, because they serve alcohol, you need to leave your firearm in your vehicle, come in and sign a form which exempts you/them from the alcohol rules (VERY poorly paraphrased), then you can go back out and do the dance. She also asked that if you are going to OC that you do not drink alcohol.

Good on her. Looks like I found another place to spend some money.

Friday night Prime Rib :D

http://www.theorchardofbaldwin.com/

I guess I better whip out a nice holster for the event

Last edited:

goforlow

Big river - I was slow on the draw! We have OC'd at this location many times. You can download the "permission slips" from the WCI web site. If you have any questions, drop me a PM.

Please introduce yourself to me at this event. I will be in the dayglo yellow WCI tshirt. I will be carrying a 3' 1911.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Tony Anderson

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Close to 3 feet http://www.mechtechsys.com/1911.php

1911_monorail_full.jpg

Big River Leather

So this will be my first time OC outside of my property. I've CC'd for years in MN, never have a legal opportunity to do it locally (GFSZs). So, for the occasion I'm making myself some new leather for my P220 Carry SAO :dude:

Last edited:

Pyro01

I was just in Baldwin yesterday eating A&W with a friend, not OCing because he had his kid with him, and I saw the orchard on the way in and wondered what the place was like. Now that I know I'm definitely going to have to stop in sometime and give them my business. After we ate at A&W we went back to my friends house and shot the black powder revolver on his dad's range next door, and the 24/7 OSS got some practice too. It feeds the winchester target ammo like a champ! You should see all the nice holes I put in the heart when I tried to fire as fast and accurately as I could at 12 yards.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I hope they will have additional training sessions in the weeks to come. A great deal of Wisconsin is not covered by these classes.

Pyro01

Meeting went well, met up with Protias and Big River Leather. The bar was really cool and I made a few other friends there. Got to see some of Big River Leather's holsters he makes and they're fantastic. On top of all that I got to listen to the president of WI-Force (I think) blather on with how great they were. Made we proud to be a member of WI Carry. I'll post the picture I took of Protias, Big River Leather, and I a little later.

Attachments

• CIMG1377-small.jpg
    CIMG1377-small.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited: