• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Stampede and Idaho Center.

carracer

Should Read: Snake River Stampede as the Idaho Stampede is an unrelated basketball team.

Got up early and went to the Idaho Center in Nampa for the Stampede Pancake Breakfast. Not carrying as I had to go to work after. Plenty of Local PD and co. Sheriff at the entrance and inside the building. Once inside and eating my pancakes I asked one of the rodeo Board Members about the Center. He stated that it is owned by the City of Nampa. That being said, the open carrying of sidearms by legal law abiding citizens should not be restricted. Although the sign at the entrance clearly states "No Weapons" it should not apply to legal open carry. Had I been thinking this morning I should have at least worn my empty holster as I'm sure I would have been stopped and questioned.

Last edited:

aadvark

carracer:

If The Idaho Stampede and Idaho Center are both Owned and Operated by The City of Nampa, then, Idaho Code 18-3302J(2) Preempts This Regulation as it Pertains to Firearms, any Element Pertaining to Firearms, and Ammunition.

Idaho Code 18-3302J does NOT Cover Hand-held Weapons, therefore; Local Governmental Regulation of such Hand-held Weapons would be Permissable.

In short, Your Analysis of The Sign is Correct.

The Idaho Stampede and Idaho Center CAN Prohibit Weapons, BUT, The Idaho Stampede and Idaho Center CANNOT Prohibit Firearms and Ammunition.

aadvark

Last edited:

carracer

Ah! I looked up the local news for the Snake River Stampede and it seems that governor Otter was there serving pancakes after I left, thus, the extra security detail! I may consider going again tomorrow.

Zhukov

Called the Idaho Center.

The lady on the phone stated the City of Nampa does own the Idaho Center.

ecocks

Hmmmm, I have tickets.......anyone feel like going on Friday evening?

MrsCombatClrke

Idaho statute

Zhukov:

Good, then, Idaho Code 18-3302J Applies!

aadvark

Yes 18-3302J does apply. If the stampede was owned by a private sponsor then they could regulate and ask for you to leave if you have a firearm on the premises and you could be charged with trespassing if you refused, but since the city runs it even though the sign says no weapons the state says it's ok.

Last edited: