• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Problem or so-called opinion on CC with permit

Max

An F22 Rapture is of no use when going door to door to confiscate small arms. Confiscating 200 million guns from 70 million people spread from coast to coast is too great a task even for our military should those people resist. Had the Jews of WWII Europe put up an armed resistance, Hitler could not, would not have extended the resources needed to pull off his "Final Solution". Approximately 800 fighters, armed mostly with hand guns tied up over 2,000 German soldiers for a month in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Gun confiscation is a concern but it is also a herculean task.

Tom Maassen

This is true but....

The 70 million are not gonna be of much help, if and when "they" come knocking on an individuals door.... and I could be wrong but I would think that the 3 million militay might be a little more well armed (think F22 Rapture) than the average gun owner...

The British were better armed than the Americans, and look at his that turned out. They were also better trained than most of the Americans in that war.

Last edited:

protias

An F22 Rapture is of no use when going door to door to confiscate small arms. Confiscating 200 million guns from 70 million people spread from coast to coast is too great a task even for our military should those people resist. Had the Jews of WWII Europe put up an armed resistance, Hitler could not, would not have extended the resources needed to pull off his "Final Solution". Approximately 800 fighters, armed mostly with hand guns tied up over 2,000 German soldiers for a month in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Gun confiscation is a concern but it is also a herculean task.

You don't need to confiscate the firearms, just bomb the people.

Outdoorsman1

Obvioulsy, I was not talking about using an F22 Rapture to go "door to door to confiscate small arms". I was refering to the government declareing martial law when the 70 million armed citizens decide to revolt. Make no mistake in thinking this could not happen. GW made sure with the "Homeland Security Act" that the president has the authority to declare martial law for any (little) reason he sees fit. Once the SHTF, and martial law is declared, small arms confiscation will be the least of our worries....

Just Sayin....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

AaronS

The British were better armed than the Americans, and look at his that turned out. They were also better trained than most of the Americans in that war.

Good point

I guess we learn to fight real good, and real fast, when we are fighting for our basic rights as humans...

E Pluribus Unum for real.

goforlow

Just got info from my Commifornia buddy...The shooting requirement is determined by the issuing sheriff. In his case, he qualified with a 357 S&W revolver. He now carries a H&K USP. He says he can carry what he wants.

Max

Then you are not talking about alienating 70 million gun owners via gun confiscation, you are talking about declaring war on 300 million U.S. citizens. I like those odds even better.

protias

Then you are not talking about alienating 70 million gun owners via gun confiscation, you are talking about declaring war on 300 million U.S. citizens. I like those odds even better.

The 70 million are hard, but the 230 million who choose to remain defenseless, they are easy to control.

safcrkr

Where you gonna get the pilots who'll drop the bombs on the American people? If I were the pilot and got the order to put a smart bomb in the local Piggly Wiggly full of my fellow Americans (civilians too), I'd head for the nearest govt building.... oops, wrong target.

If there were another "civil war" in America, why is it automatically assumed that the established govt being revolted against, and not the "rebels", would control all the "hardware"? Nothing could be further from the truth. The govt pilot in the F-22 would likely have a few "rebel" F-22s, or F-18s, or whatever a "rebel sympathiser" flies, right on his ass, shooting missiles and cannons at him. He'd be too busy trying to not get shot down to worry about hitting a ground target full of rebelious citizens. Don't think so? Were did Robert E. Lee, Jeb Stuart, Stonewall Jackson, Longstreet, Pickett, etc. get their military training? Was it the U.S. Army's West Point, or some rinky-dink military school set up by the confederate rebels after the war started? In 1861, Robert E. Lee was the best damn general in the U.S. Army, which just proves the point that likely at least half of today's military men & machines would go over to the "rebel" side.

Outdoorsman1

Where you gonna get the pilots who'll drop the bombs on the American people? If I were the pilot and got the order to put a smart bomb in the local Piggly Wiggly full of my fellow Americans (civilians too), I'd head for the nearest govt building.... oops, wrong target.

If there were another "civil war" in America, why is it automatically assumed that the established govt being revolted against, and not the "rebels", would control all the "hardware"? Nothing could be further from the truth. The govt pilot in the F-22 would likely have a few "rebel" F-22s, or F-18s, or whatever a "rebel sympathiser" flies, right on his ass, shooting missiles and cannons at him. He'd be too busy trying to not get shot down to worry about hitting a ground target full of rebelious citizens. Don't think so? Were did Robert E. Lee, Jeb Stuart, Stonewall Jackson, Longstreet, Pickett, etc. get their military training? Was it the U.S. Army's West Point, or some rinky-dink military school set up by the confederate rebels after the war started? In 1861, Robert E. Lee was the best damn general in the U.S. Army, which just proves the point that likely at least half of today's military men & machines would go over to the "rebel" side.

Now theres a good point....

Outdoorsman1

protias

Our military (most of them) wouldn't fire upon the American people, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make earlier.