• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (Pontiac Michigan)

dragongtr

My Mother was just admitted to St. Joe's in Pontiac Mi ( I don't know why she went there of all places ).

I am very uncomfortable going into pontiac without my XD, but even though I have a lock box in my car, but I really don't want to even tempt any of the low lives down there to try to get it.

Seeing as there has been violence inside the hospital I am not comfortable going in without my gun which leaves me with Open Carry as my only option (CPL Holder).

Does anyone know if St. Joe's has a policy banning Legal Firearms, or if they are posted?

acrews

They are owned and operated by Trinity health as mentioned above. I have been there on a few occasions as-well as other Trinity Health facilities and I don't ever recall seeing a no firearms sign posted anywhere. It has been a few years since I last set foot in anyplace that was owned and operated by them though so their policies may have changed since my last visit.

dragongtr

I disarmed tonight just in case but left my serpa and mag holsters on. The serpa stuck out from my shirt and nothing was said, they are not posted at the doors. No metal detectors (knives would be easy to get in), and two renta cops who are not armed (no real security for being in pontiac). I will be open carrying when I go back as they are no posted and do not appear to be making any attempts to keep weapons out.

Mother however is not doing good, and although I'm new here (been lurking for months) if you pray, please keep her in your prayers. She is having cardiac problems and possible anurism. Waiting to see what the doctors have to say in the morning before I move her to Beaumont.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
In my prayers.

Carry discretely, wear black for example. If you have something to carry, flowers, brightly colored ones, do so appropriately. If you have someone with you, position them discretely in the proper line of sight. Dont be suspicious.

PDinDetroit

I disarmed tonight just in case but left my serpa and mag holsters on. The serpa stuck out from my shirt and nothing was said, they are not posted at the doors. No metal detectors (knives would be easy to get in), and two renta cops who are not armed (no real security for being in pontiac). I will be open carrying when I go back as they are no posted and do not appear to be making any attempts to keep weapons out.

Mother however is not doing good, and although I'm new here (been lurking for months) if you pray, please keep her in your prayers. She is having cardiac problems and possible anurism. Waiting to see what the doctors have to say in the morning before I move her to Beaumont.

Done.

dukenukum

Like wise done and will continue to do so.

dragongtr

Never ended up going back, they finally ran tests and say everything is ok that it is just a migrane so we will wait, watch and see....

FS23

She will be in our Prayers

army74

OC in St Joseph hospital pontiac mi

I have had some discussions with them about OC . You may only see 2 rent a cops but theres atleast 4 to 6 at anytime i know them well they have told me that you cannot carry there due to a private hospital i lived in pontiac at one time now im in waterford mi. They had me put it back into my car. POH aka McClaren genysis hospital all the same has a same policy ER has metal detector and armed guards.